Brake Caliper Rebuild

svtcobralover

Established Member
Does anyone know who I can possibly send my brake calipers to to have them powdered coated and rebuilt. I'm tired of the worn look on the calipers and figured if I'm going to powder coat them, I might as well have them rebuilt at the same time.

Zemedici

Established Member
You can get a rebuild kit from o Reilly's, and any decent powder coater can coat them for you

venomizd93

Established Member
I used detective coating http://www.detectivecoating.com/ , you can find their work on Facebook page. I rebuilt them by myself(not hard at all) but the will take them apart and build them for a fee, they do a ton of brembo rebuilds.

Here's my calipers after they coated and I assembled, I also removed the coating off the "cobra" and polished the lettering too(not too hard) they can do a high temp exact cut of the lettering like they do for their brembos. The lettering is very tight to tape off and get a good coat around it. It's an option, you might be able to find a local person too but they ship.

Here are before and afters
ba96e17c41ecca03dca646c9b29ba95c.jpg
94480edbe13b31a6c8216016187a28fe.jpg
3b4868db7d2b3d28e12c90ca182359b6.jpg
dac85050ddf0de731bca0dcea707bda0.jpg
b15d9a840f0ea881bf7bb44a008782e4.jpg

97snakebite

Established Member
I did mine also....just take youy time..its fairly simple. Like above said stick something in the caliper when u air the piston out...they will shoot like rockets. Trust me. Paint after you rebuild

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

busta

REDRCKT
Established Member
Those yellow calipers are amazing. I've decided I will most definitely have my calipers broken down and powdercoated when the time comes to do my pads, rotors & lines as well.

Does anyone have a little write-up regarding rebuilding the calipers? I see the kits on Summit and Rock Auto listed for peanuts. I'd be curious what the process is to rebuild them if anyone would care to share.

venomizd93

Established Member
Those yellow calipers are amazing. I've decided I will most definitely have my calipers broken down and powdercoated when the time comes to do my pads, rotors & lines as well.

Does anyone have a little write-up regarding rebuilding the calipers? I see the kits on Summit and Rock Auto listed for peanuts. I'd be curious what the process is to rebuild them if anyone would care to share.

Watch the video above that's all I did and they work fine.

Users who are viewing this thread