Brake Booster

cobra-bit

Sacrilegious
Established Member
ok, is there a freakingi trick to get that Biach out? I'm completing the undercoating to my firewall and planning on having my engine bay repainted so I'd like to remove it.

red95gts

Established Member
Remove the 4 nuts from the inside of the firewall, disconnect from the brake pedal- and pull!

cobra-bit

Sacrilegious
Established Member
I got that far but the booster hits the strut fender wall before I can get the four bolts out. Its like I don’t have enough room. I wasn’t sure if there was a trick to something…thanks

red95gts

Established Member
I know people often times have issues when installing a 94+ booster in a Fox car - it hits the strut tower and requires that one (or two?) of the holes be elongated to allow the booster to come in at an angle.

However, the 93 Cobra booster is considered to be plug-and-play for any Fox car so I wouldn't expect there to be any issues in removing one? Have you tried taking it out at an angle?

jrgoffin

Been around...
Established Member
You have to elongate a couple bolt holes to get it in to the Fox chassis, but never thought about getting one out! If you get the FRPP insturctions for the M-2300-K kit, there is a line in it about "clearancing" the strut tower - get a BFH!!

johnh

Established Member
Just crank it to the left and pull. The threads of the studs drag on the firewall and make it difficult to take out.

Kevins89notch

Established Member
However, the 93 Cobra booster is considered to be plug-and-play for any Fox car so I wouldn't expect there to be any issues in removing one? Have you tried taking it out at an angle?

Not on my car. I had to bash in the strut tower a bit to make it fit, and even then it was a ***** to get in.

kcp203

Established Member
Not on my car. I had to bash in the strut tower a bit to make it fit, and even then it was a ***** to get in.

I've never tried to take it out, but that's kind of weird when you consider that it was installed at the factory without the clearance. This was not installed before the body was welded together.

cobr96

getting old
Established Member
yeah, if it went on without bashing then it will come off without bashing, unless it has swollen since installed. make sure the rod is not hanging on anything , maybe the studs threads are just dragging on the firewall?

Users who are viewing this thread