Brake + ABS problem

Sublimize23

Established Member
Searched, but couldn't find anything similar.
I have an '02 GT. About 60k on it. Sometimes, when I'm driving it, I'll hear the brake pedal start pulsating, as if the ABS was being activated. I'm not touching the brake when it happens. I can feel the pedal pulsating, and then it goes away. I'm thinking a sensor went bad somewhere. Anyone have any ideas? :shrug:

LT1KILLER

dirt man
Established Member
try pulling the sensors off and make sure the magnetic pickups on them are clean and can read the teeth on the reluctors.

Bmc88

Established Member
I think I know what you're talking about. Make sure your car isn't idling faster than it supposed to be. I had this same problem before I got my idler and o2 sensor changed and readjusted. I mean I even tapped a car once at a red light because the brakes somehow malfunctioned even though I pushed the brake pedal as far down as I could and kept my foot on it really hard. Usually if your car is idling faster than normal you need to turn down your throttle a bit. The only reason your throttle should even be turned up in the first place is because of your car not wanting to crank and/or it cranks sometimes and then stalls whenever you goto stop or something.

Bmc88

Established Member
When I talk about it idling fast i'm talking about the rpm's being over 1. and being up at 2 whenever you start up the car and put it in drive.

Users who are viewing this thread