Braided fuel line. . . . .

HONDASAKI

Established Member
I was wondering if anyone has experianced this. I just got off the phone with Justin from Fore Innovations and he informed me that if you use black braided fuel line and keep your car in a garage it will always smell like fuel, that the line vents the odor. But that the stainless braided teflon lined hose will not.
I want to run the black braided but am now nervous about the smell.

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
I was under the impression that the outer braiding didnt have anything to do with the smell, it was the PTFE liner that contained the vapors...having assembled some braided fuel hose I dont see how that has anything to do with containing vapor, its not air tight by any means.

Last edited:

Voltwings

Established Member
i only ran about 2-3 feet of the stuff on my old car as an aux line but i cant say i remember it smelling of fuel, even in close proximity, but may just have not been enough of it.

HONDASAKI

Established Member
Correct the braiding isnt the difference. It's the hose liner. There isn't a black braided hose availible with the teflon liner.

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
Correct the braiding isnt the difference. It's the hose liner. There isn't a black braided hose availible with the teflon liner.

gotcha, it seems like it partially depends on where you live, different areas having different fuel blends and some stink while others dont. I didnt risk it got PTFE lined stuff. I can tell you that when I had my system apart (had to open it up a few times sadly) it made my garage AND my house stink (air handler is in the garage), it was not pleasant

cb900f

Established Member
Personal experience. Buddy with a C6 has the black braided. Smells all the time. BAD!

I just finished mine with the stainless. No stink.

Voltwings

Established Member
What is the black braided lined with then? The shop i got mine done at only uses it, so whats the benefits to be worth a "really bad smell?"

Fastnature

Established Member
Oh Hell when i bought mine I was not aware of the issue with smell!!! I sure hope that it dont stink cause my wife will shoot me if so. It will not be cheap to swap it all out either I bet. Only time will tell once I get it all on

CSG

Established Member
With my "normal" braided stainless car I can't even park in the garage. The fumes seep through the walls into the house. That's why I went lined with the 11.

cb900f

Established Member
With my "normal" braided stainless car I can't even park in the garage. The fumes seep through the walls into the house. That's why I went lined with the 11.

So far mine has been in the garage for several weeks. Smells just like stock. No issues.

CSG

Established Member
So far mine has been in the garage for several weeks. Smells just like stock. No issues.

It is strange how some have issues and some don't with what appears to be the same type lines. I have seen that for years and have no answer for it. You and I have the same climate as well.

cb900f

Established Member
It is strange how some have issues and some don't with what appears to be the same type lines. I have seen that for years and have no answer for it. You and I have the same climate as well.

I agree. My buddy did the Fore system first, and had bad fuel smell. I was paranoid that I would have the same issues.

He has now ordered the braided stainless lines and fittings for his. I'll be helping him swap his out. I guess we will see if it helps.

JUIC3D

Boost Junkie
Established Member
I have a full Fore return system in my car with their new PTFE hose and there is no fuel smell at all. My car is always parked in the garage.

Users who are viewing this thread