Bracket needed with 100mm idler???

04TRCobra

KING
Established Member
I have decided to go with a RR or Billetflow 2.93 or 2.8 pulley...

billetflow offers a 100mm idler pulley with a bracket for 109.99
or an idler alone for 54.99

RR offers a 100mm idler pulley for 49.99 but without a bracket nor did i see brackets for sale on this site.

Are brackets needed with 1 100mm idler?

i plan to do the upper with a 100mm idler and a gatorback 74.5 belt. do i need a bracket..or will the RR 100mm idler directly install without a bracket?

03yllwguy

Daily driven since 2003
Established Member
If you're talking about the auxilary idler you NEED a bracket. I run a RR 2.8 but went with the BF 100mm aux. Idler and love the setup. I would have gone with Doug's pulley's but was pretty sold on the 2.8 size. BF is the SH*T. I would go with his idler, pricing and quality are top notch.

Shanezam203

Established Member
Yeah but you can add another one, closer to the blower. Is that what you are looking to install, or just change out your aux idlers? If you just want to change out your aux idlers, you will NOT need a mount. If you want to change the upper pulley out and then try to eliminate slippage, most people use a mount, and another idler up top. The mount goes here...
idlerinstall-vi.jpg

idler1-vi.jpg

idleron2-vi.jpg

More Idler Pics
I didnt change the two idlers you see in the pic above. I left them, and just added a 3rd idler. Some people go with 3 piece idler set ups... Hope I helped some.
Shane

Users who are viewing this thread