Brabus-style puddle lights on 5.0- okay or not okay?

Brabus-style Puddle Lights on 2011 5.0 (only lit when doors unlocked and opened)?

• Wouldn't look too bad that way

Votes: 9 47.4%
  • I've got my shotgun ready........

Votes: 10 52.6%

• Total voters

rachelanne4579

Established Member
Now, before you go get your flame-thrower :burn: and bust down my front door, just give me a minute to explain. I do not condone any of that nasty underglow JDM crap on such fine machinery; I am simply wondering if it could be done class-ily (yes, I just made up my own word :coolman: Deal with it). I only want it as a puddle light when the doors open and when the car is unlocked. This website has these for $39 in xenon white (I am definitely not getting the blue.....) Mercedes Brabus VIP Underbody LED Puddle Light Kit (Spot Lighting)
LED-Puddle-Light-12.jpg

Okay, now just give me a second to put on my bulletproof vest and fire-retardant suit..............

rachelanne4579

Established Member
Well..... I did not know that. That makes me feel better. I was really iffy about it but was sure I could make it look classy.

rachelanne4579

Established Member
I don't think it would look too bad. Just do white, and only when the doors open like you said, and it'll look good.

Exactly. I really just want it more as a practical thing, but it definitely has a cool factor to it, too. There's a fine line between updating and just going full retard on it.

oldmodman

Established Member
I'm OK with the plain white light on the bottom of the rear view mirror, not any lighting that is under the body.

And I'm not that thrilled with logo lighting, at all.
Maybe a Hi-Rez projected naked woman image, but not the damned horsey.

TurboBird

Boost Junkie
Established Member
I'm OK with the plain white light on the bottom of the rear view mirror, not any lighting that is under the body.

And I'm not that thrilled with logo lighting, at all.
Maybe a Hi-Rez projected naked woman image, but not the damned horsey.

Id just be happy with a couple lights under the door to illuminate the ground. Not some pony or raptor logo. Thats a bit cheezy

sunburned

I miss my torque
Established Member
Seems to me that those kind of puddle lights, and the logo ones, are just for looks and don't really do much.

My BMW 335i had puddle lights underneath each door handle and light up the entire sides of the car when you unlocked the doors with the remote. It was an awesome feature that made navigating a dark garage much easier and I really miss that since I sold it.

http://www.bmw-planet.com/2009/04/12/e90-puddle-light-retrofit-for-e46/

Last edited:

rachelanne4579

Established Member
Seems to me that those kind of puddle lights, and the logo ones, are just for looks and don't really do much.

My BMW 335i had puddle lights underneath each door handle and light up the entire sides of the car when you unlocked the doors with the remote. It was an awesome feature that made navigating a dark garage much easier and I really miss that since I sold it.

e90 Puddle Light Retrofit (For e46) | BMW-PLANET.COM - BMW DIY, Knowledge base, Library, Technical resources, Galleries

We've actually had a Brabus edition come into the dealership where I work and those puddle lights actually do light up the ground area nicely; the photos that show them are extremely modified so you don't really get the full effect as you do in person. But yeah, the logo ones I don't really see being super beneficial.

rachelanne4579

Established Member
This is why I'm running it by y'all first. Need to make sure I don't do something horrible. I'm so on the fence about it...... I like it, but I'm worried about how it will affect the seriousness of the car. Maybe I could find a kit for the puddle light in the door or mirror? That would still give me what I want..

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

Users who are viewing this thread