BR7EF vs. TR6

MTBSully

Established Member
Just did a compression test on my motor last night to determine its health before I crank up the boost. Shes healthy! I have been running BR7EFs since I turboed the car about 5000 miles ago. They are cheap so while I have them out I am going to change them. All 8 looked good. Light brown on all the tips. Question is, should I stay with them or try the NGK TR6's? I may run E85 this upcoming season in addition to a 93 street tune. What are you turbo guys running, how much boost, and what gap?

Tabres

Not without incident
Established Member
I run a .022 gap on TR6's with E85 fuel, typically on 17lbs but I do run up to 22lbs on the same plugs and gap. I've tried BR7EF's in the past on the dyno and I've always had better results with TR6's.

Personally, if your car is happy with the BR7EF's, I wouldn't change the recipe.

MTBSully

Established Member
Read a bunch of threads about it last night. Just picked up some TR6s and will give them a go. If I don't like them i'm only out $16.

Wiseguy

Established Member
I like the non- projected BR7EF for big boost/ harsh environments. The tr6 is "tried and true" though......

static74

in the 9's
Established Member
I had the same issue on TR6 even gapped down to 16. BR7EF's are the way to go.

Users who are viewing this thread