Boyd Coddington's Hot Rod Shop - DEAD

Chum731

Shark Baiter
Established Member
From the TLC American Hot Rod forums - I guess they couldn't keep things going over there after Boyd's death. Has anyone else heard about this?

I wonder if they will show it on American Hot Rod...

"The Coddington Garage Closes their Doors One Coddington company closes as another plans to move June 16th, 2008--- La Habra, Ca. Boyd Coddington Hot Rods will be closing their doors, Friday June 20th, 2008. After the untimely death of their founder, Boyd Coddington in February, the Coddington Garage team and family tried to continue on with business as usual. The battle they faced was too much to handle. After Boyd’s passing, his wife Jo took over the business. She had rather large shoes to fill in the absence of her husband. With the team of machinists, fabricators, and paint and body guys behind her, she gave it a shot. Unfortunately, running both the hot rod shop and the wheel shop was too much for her handle on her own. The cars and builds that are not complete at the time of closing will be moved to two new shops. Both shops are being run by former Boyd Coddington employees. Dan Sobieski, a fabricator and long time Coddington employee, will be opening his own shop July 1st. Sobieski will be taking a few from the Boyd Coddington team to his new shop in Anaheim, Ca. Abraham Rodriguez, a newer employee, will also be working on some of the vehicles at his shop. His specialty is in paint and body, but his shop will be able to do anything the Coddington Garage did. Jo will continue on with the wheel shop. There are plans for the company to move from their location in La Habra in the near future. For further information please contact Jo Coddington ..."

Be well
Jo and the gang!

Bless All Who Serve

And you guys thought it was another thread about him dying...:dw:

cobra_4

#PITS
Established Member
I had the repost of the year award already pulled out of the closet.....

Sucks to here they couldn't keep his legacy going.

Chum731

Shark Baiter
Established Member
I had the repost of the year award already pulled out of the closet.....

Sucks to here they couldn't keep his legacy going.

I searched for Coddington before I posted this and there were 11 separate threads from when he died - some 2-3 weeks after he died :shrug:

ViciousJay

Established Member
i dont care for either so oh well! Bodd was a @sshole and foose is ok but id liek to see some just orginal remakes redone... no need to 2 tone every frickin' car's paint job

mc01svt

100% full natty brah
Established Member
Looks like they weren't paying those guys enough. Not many people are willing to venture out on there on and open a new shop unless they are very unhappy. :nono:

floyd4ford

Ford guy
Established Member
Looks like they weren't paying those guys enough. Not many people are willing to venture out on there on and open a new shop unless they are very unhappy. :nono:

What the hell are you talking about? The guy died and his business was going downhill after his death so a couple of employees decided to open a business with some of the cars from his shop.

Got Torque

well do yah?
Established Member
I met both of them at SEMA (Boyd and Dwayne), i'll just leave it at that. Mr Chip Foose was nice enough to sign something for me at the airport as he was hard to reach at SEMA, really nice guy.

Last edited:

Chum731

Shark Baiter
Established Member
What happenned to dwayne??

I was reading though the threads at TLC or the forum at Boyd's site and it mentioned that Duane wasn't there anymore but it didn't say where he was. I don't know if that is accurate or not.

Duane struck me as Boyd's "hatchet man" - go and scream at the employee's and whip them into shape.

Maye he is using his people skills doing debt collecting...

Users who are viewing this thread