Boxing stock lca

Jedisalami

Established Member
have you seen what your control arms actually look like? They are not shaped like the previous mustangs

bmitchell373

Established Member
have you seen what your control arms actually look like? They are not shaped like the previous mustangs

Yes, and I can still box them. I know how cheap i can get a set of tubular. But I have steel, a TIG, and time. I am trying to save every dollar for other mods.

CCS86

Established Member
I don't think that it's worth it. With the 3-link layout, the LCAs don't have to provide any lateral support, or support a bending moment from the spring, so they're put into essentially straight compression/tension. Steel in that cross-sectional shape is plenty strong when loaded that way. If you want to weld something that will make a real difference, do subframe connectors.

seank

Lateral G Lover
Established Member
Yes, and I can still box them. I know how cheap i can get a set of tubular. But I have steel, a TIG, and time. I am trying to save every dollar for other mods.

What is your time worth? You can buy a boxed set with better than stock bushings or rod ends, which is the real advantage over stock, for $120 on up.

5bites

Established Member
What is your time worth? You can buy a boxed set with better than stock bushings or rod ends, which is the real advantage over stock, for $120 on up.

Exactly. No matter how much you stiffen them up you still have the stock bushings to contend with. That's we're a lot of the wheel hop comes from.

Users who are viewing this thread