Bov valve ?

Beaves97Cobra

Established Member
Which bov valve is the best one to buy? Iam going to be upgrading my p1sc to the d model, and i always here of people changing there bov valves what kind should i buy and should i buy a race bov valve.

Thanks guys

cobra2547

Established Member
I use to have a p600 in my 98 cobra the bov that came with the kit worked for me but when I switched to the d-1 I had alot of surging. I switched to the procharger race bov big red and car runs great it took care of everything.

blowngt

Established Member
I spoke to ATI this week about the very same question. They said that the diaphram bypass that is provided with the P & D kits is adequate to 700RWHP. I'll be testing that theory shortly. They wanted almost $400 for the race bypass. I'll take my chances with the stock unit before I spend that kind of coin.....

cobra2547

Established Member
Before I bought the race bov I talked to ATI and they told me the stock bov from my p600 would work with my d-1 but it didn't. Give it a try though it can't hurt.

blowngt

Established Member
Yeah, their tech department is F'uped!!! Call 3 time for the same question.....get 4 different answers......

SVTHorsnake

Banned
There is no difference unless you are running above 15 psi... and btw, "bov valve" = "blow off valve valve"...

It's like saying "VIN number"

spyder1337

It's LEGIT
Established Member
Is there anyway to make your stock bov that comes with your procharger kit sound like a turbo "whooosh" instead of " chec chec chec chec " ? If so would changing your bov hurt anything with exsisting tune and so forth?

Team Dave

I broke something
Established Member
spyder1337 said:
Is there anyway to make your stock bov that comes with your procharger kit sound like a turbo "whooosh" instead of " chec chec chec chec " ? If so would changing your bov hurt anything with exsisting tune and so forth?

+1. Though, I don't even have a clue as to what chec chec chec chec spunds like, lol. I don't have a centri just yet, so I'm still wondering what all these "Race Bov's" and whatnot sound like! Any sound clips? Movies?

Users who are viewing this thread