BOV placement right before MAF?

99cobra09

"Stock Car"
Established Member
Will it be a bad place to put the BOV right before the MAF. I'm saying like 8-12 inches away from the MAF. I got a nice procharger race bov that I would like for it to be exposed under the hood instead of the original prochager location right after the compressor.

Myzticsnake

Savage
Established Member
Ideally you want it close to the head unit as possible to stop compressor surge. Mine is maybe 6 inches from the blower outlet.

For ease of tuning and drive-ability, I'd keep it far away from the maf to make sure you do not get any air turbulence across the meter.

Adiabatik

Banned
Ideally you want it close to the head unit as possible to stop compressor surge. Mine is maybe 6 inches from the blower outlet.

For ease of tuning and drive-ability, I'd keep it far away from the maf to make sure you do not get any air turbulence across the meter.

Couldn't have said it better myself :thumbsup:

MOTOWN M

Established Member
Will it be a bad place to put the BOV right before the MAF. I'm saying like 8-12 inches away from the MAF. I got a nice procharger race bov that I would like for it to be exposed under the hood instead of the original prochager location right after the compressor.

Your BOV always goes on the discharge side after the blower outlet(so it can bleed off boost), not on the MAF side which would be on the inlet/intake side.

99cobra09

"Stock Car"
Established Member
Yea i know, i was just wondering if would work on the discharge pipe so you could see the BOV in the engine bay, but it wont work.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread