BOV for my procharger

FST-HUH

Established Member
I just got Procharger kit on my car, it's P1SC 2 core intercooled. I have stock BOV that came with the kit. Would you recommend for me to go with aftermarket Blow Off Valve or just to stick with the one that came with my kit. Thanx

Kovachian

Me vs. Earth
Established Member
Are you absolutely sure it's not a bypass valve? I've never heard of any procharger coming with a blowoff valve but I know they come with a bypass valve.

ROADWARRIORSVT

Established Member
It probably is a by-pass valve. Alot of people interchange BOV & by-pass valves. At any rate, I'd say stick with the part that came with the kit. It's more than adequate for that blower, p[lus you won't see any type of performance gain from changing to an aftermarket valve.

FST-HUH

Established Member
I am sorry you guys are right it is a by-pass valve (I thought that is pretty much the same thing as BOV) It does the same thing only by-pass is not as loud as BOV, and bov is used more for turbo set up's and by pass for superchargers. So the reason why I was asking is I saw it somewhere on one of the forums that some people switch by-pass valve for blow off valve, I am not sure if they did this for sound or performance but I think it would acctually sound kind of rice-y if a V8 had BOV, whining and whisteling is for superchargers IMO :)

Last edited:

99cobrajms

Established Member
I ran the 10 PSI kit (supplied ByPass Value), then when I replaced the P-1SC with the D-1SC, I got another one and am running two ATI values. One was not doing it for the D-1SC.

J.

dfw99cobra

Established Member
99cobrajms, do you have any track times for your setup I'm getting ready to go to a p1sc from n20. I'm just curious thanks.

99cobrajms

Established Member
Ran a 12.2 @122 spinning like a MFr last Friday. 60 ft was 2.2....She will run low 11s if I can dig the launch. This was the 1st time I ran with the solid axle, was totally different. So I need to get that "I will break a 1/2 shaft at launch" out of my head and heat those DRs up, and dropper her hard!!!!!!! I will be back Friday.

J

maximumb00st

Established Member
FST-HUH said:
I am sorry you guys are right it is a by-pass valve (I thought that is pretty much the same thing as BOV) It does the same thing only by-pass is not as loud as BOV, and bov is used more for turbo set up's and by pass for superchargers. So the reason why I was asking is I saw it somewhere on one of the forums that some people switch by-pass valve for blow off valve, I am not sure if they did this for sound or performance but I think it would acctually sound kind of rice-y if a V8 had BOV, whining and whisteling is for superchargers IMO :)

that response is crap. A 'bov' is a blow-off valve. A 'bypass' is a CBV, compressor bypass valve. The blow off valve vents the air let out of the valve into the atmosphere, in turn making it "louder." The CBV, 'compressor bypass valve', will vent the air bypassed from the intercooler piping when the throttle plate closes. It vents the air back into the intake tract, and not into the atmosphere.

Stopsign32v

Established Member
99cobrajms said:
Ran a 12.2 @122 spinning like a MFr last Friday. 60 ft was 2.2....She will run low 11s if I can dig the launch. This was the 1st time I ran with the solid axle, was totally different. So I need to get that "I will break a 1/2 shaft at launch" out of my head and heat those DRs up, and dropper her hard!!!!!!! I will be back Friday.

J

You need to get rid of your 3.73 gears ASAP!!!

Users who are viewing this thread