Bought my dream car

MinGrey02Stg2

Established Member
Congrats and welcome to the club!

Thanks! These things are awesome. What headers do you have and did you go with an Arrow PCM or HP Tuners?

Dude, they let those guns into law school?

They almost didn't let me, but I had to remind them of the second amendment in my constitutional law class.

So glad I clicked on this thread and didn't see a mustang lol

Nice viper :) where in FL are you?

Thanks! I'm in the Palm Beach Gardens area.

5.0 guy

Established Member
I love Vipers, I still have my 03 SRT-10 roadster after all these years. I convidered a gen 5 but with the spun bearing issues it's only a matter of time it will be a problem so I passed for now. Beautiful car and best color!

Last edited:

MinGrey02Stg2

Established Member
I love Vipers, I still have my Gen 3 SRT-10 roadster after all these years. I convidered a gen 5 but with the spin beating issues it's only a matter of time it will be a problem so I passed for now. Beautiful car and best color!

Yeah that's very concerning to me as well, but my car was tested for that recall and passed. Every car that was recalled and tested was given a 10 year/100,000 mile engine warranty.

MinGrey02Stg2

Established Member
Congrats! Looks like the car's already lowered, spring caps?

Yes sir. I ordered the IPSCO underdrive pulley and spring caps and put them on this past weekend. It wasn't too fun as the GTS has the electronically adjustable Bilsteins with reservoirs, and the springs are wound so tight that getting a spring compressor between them was a huge pain.

5.0 guy

Established Member
Yeah that's very concerning to me as well, but my car was tested for that recall and passed. Every car that was recalled and tested was given a 10 year/100,000 mile engine warranty.
Glad to here it! I've seen a couple guys in the Viper group end up replacing the their engines under warranty and then the new one having the same issue since the engines were all built at the same time. They are beautiful cars but if I decide to buy one I would send it to Calvo out of Austin and have him do some mods and go through the engine, this guy posts a lot on the Facebook group and seems really smart with Vipers especially the Gen 5's. Look up Calvo Motorsport out of Austin and check the it his crazy Gen five TT builds!

IamRacerX

No brand loyalty rhetoric here.
Established Member
Awesome ride! One of my good buddies has a black '15. I've driven it several times. It's a very special car! Congrats!

R1Lello

Established Member
^^^ Wow, didn't know they had potential spun bearing issues - I guess I'll delete that auto trader ad I found this morning on a red 2015 :(

Kline12

Bagged and Terminated.
Established Member
I'm so jealous. The viper is one of my dream cars as well. I love the gen 5's, but gen 4's seem to be about all I'll be able to afford any time soon. I can't wait for the day that I am able to bring one home. Congrats man!

Sn95Snake

Established Member
Congrats man! It looks sinister in black!

I can definitely relate to the feeling of finally getting my dream car as well. It is crazy how much attention these cars get!

Users who are viewing this thread