Bought another Terminator project this week

Freakingstang

Established Member
Been looking for one since I bought mine 2 years ago so I could have a matching pair. Finally found one in georgia and had it freighted home. Just got her last night and I didn't have her in my possession for more than half an hour before ripping her apart to modify her. She's in really good shape for her age, no body damage and has very little use.

c2295265.gif

581be1a8.gif

cbe56481.gif

9b1cf343.gif

24394e72.gif

e871ee88.gif

39ee1331.gif

592ea8d1.gif

e4ea6351.gif

048b2904.gif

46880436.gif

fb220e36.gif

7df0e76d.gif

I got my JLT cold air kit painted and installed along with the Posi Ported eaton. The stock rad and intercooler tanks were tossed out in favor of brushed aluminum moroso units.

5ffbb8f9.gif

Got the H&R springs today....
79bc05b5.gif

we rolled her outta the paint booth this morning. Got a little orange peel that needs wet sanded and buffed out, but this should give ya an idea

4ee60138.gif

836f4e21.gif

53d05186.gif

I did some creative thinkin because I didn't like the grill. Everything was correct on the car except the grill and runnin horse emblem.

I cut the horse off the grill and then used the head and neck and stood it up to somewhat resemble a cobra snake. It will work for now until I find another snake.

a011898f.gif

I got my collector plates in the mail today. I'm not happy with the results so I'm gonna have to send them back and have the inmates restamp them

4ed8ff40.gif

So what do ya think? My goal was to make it look just like my cobra as much as possible....still have some small details to work our, but overall I think it's close!

Here's the real one...

CobraTopview.jpg

03cobraatsummit010.jpg

03cobraatsummit005.jpg

WildFifty

Established Member
Looks great man, i feel im going to have to endup doing this too bc sonic blue coupes are so hard to find. What kind of primer and paint did you use? Mind posting a little write up?

Freakingstang

Established Member
Looks great man, i feel im going to have to endup doing this too bc sonic blue coupes are so hard to find. What kind of primer and paint did you use? Mind posting a little write up?

Doin a sb coupe next....

I got some dupicolor "exact match" sonic blue paint from advanced auto. They had it on the shelf and I saw it out of pure luck...

I just rough sanded the car and used normal spray can primer from the parts store. I did use some of the dupicolor clear when it was done..

There's 6 springs because it has a real suspension but the way it's made the rear IRS springs are "fake". The other two go up underneath the IRS plastic assy.

I cut 3 coils off front and rear... Lol

getTwisted

I Remember My First Beer.
Established Member
that is awesome, what type of paint and primer did you use?

edit: nevermind you beat me to it.:thumbsup:

Last edited:

mnewxcv

Established Member
is there anyway to seperate the lens from the assembly and paint the inside of the headlight? and it would look a bit better if u painted the inside of the exhaust tips(not the tip itself, but the silver circle) to make it look like it actually goes somewhere. just suggestions :)

Snagged

Shenanigans!!!
Established Member
Nice work. I've always wanted to get one of those and make it match my 10th.

Are you going to keep the back of it as is?

Freakingstang

Established Member
is there anyway to seperate the lens from the assembly and paint the inside of the headlight? and it would look a bit better if u painted the inside of the exhaust tips(not the tip itself, but the silver circle) to make it look like it actually goes somewhere. just suggestions :)

Already have...
Just no pics lol

Also painted the cobra inserts
On the rear bumper sliver. It's at work for the weekend...
Lol

Freakingstang

Established Member
Nice work. I've always wanted to get one of those and make it match my 10th.

Are you going to keep the back of it as is?

No. I was tryin to save the SVT and ford oval on tbe decklid. I used grease on the "decals" and then painted it... Redoing the decklid.... And the license plate. Lol

Users who are viewing this thread