bought an evo

4a7191a

Established Member
I purchased a 2011 Mitsubishi evolution gsr. It had a great deal of work done to it and I couldn't pass the deal up. Plus I'm in need of a 4 door car as that I now have a daughter .
The cars goodies.... 2.2liter sleeved stroker, cp pistons, Crower rods and crank. Ets turbo system and a hta 3586 62mm turbo and lots of supporting goodies :) @21 psi it did 550awhp and on race gas 686awhp @32 psi . for now its a "family car" and I'm taking an easy on it and learning as much as I can about the evo's . coming from a 4g63 eclipse back in the day to fords for over a decade this thing way different.
dd easy and no spool... 26+ mpgs .. Take the kiddo seat out and it turns into a gas guzzling rocket though ;)
I can't post pics on my phone, if someone wants to pm me, I can text some great pics of her. :)

thomas91169

# of bans = 5203
Established Member
Nice, though id never buy anything modded past boltons, especially a car with the mitsu symbol, and ive gone through 4 of them to say that.

4a7191a

Established Member
Yeah, Thomas this is my second Mitsubishi .
Cars got 12k miles and 1k on the new motor.

Forgot to mention , its not going to run lean unless by tune. Internal 365 lph pump , external 400lph Bosch pump with surge tank. Clutch, brand new clutch master 850 duel disk and the ams slave cylinder kit. Cars built right IMO, if it was a gamble I wouldn't of done it. I cant see how running at half the psi its built for can harm it. And at 21psi.... Low 11's are possible. That's plenty.

HudsonFalcon

Established Member
You'll have fun for sure. I sold my 08 GSR over the winter because I was at the point where I would have to build the motor to achieve greater power levels. Anything north of 400 tq does not bode well on the stock block but you don't have those worries. I also had the clutchmasters and it was very close to stock pedal feel. The most fun I had with this car was in the snow!

Posted via Topify on Android

Last edited:

chao5.0

Established Member
ETS builds some great stuff, my brother has their DP, and intercooler pipe on his MR. getting ready to do their intercooler and cai on his car after he swaps out the injectors because the stock ones are maxed out right now.

JustaGT5408

Established Member
Congrats, I was on the bubble about picking up and evo 8 or 9 a few years back but ended up with the cobra instead. Very fun cars!

4a7191a

Established Member
Congrats, I was on the bubble about picking up and evo 8 or 9 a few years back but ended up with the cobra instead. Very fun cars!

I was holding out for a Shelby and had a daughter, the state of Texas kindly told me... Lol. No big deal, I'm 33 and was like ok, I want some custody and the mother was super pissed she didn't rake me clean on kiddo support. Brought up the fact that I didn't own a safe 4 door car, so I was looking and lucked out. What's safer than a rally car? Of course no boost while Vivian is in the back seat. Oh, I've been sound deadening the rear of this thing. What a difference ! Still rides like a rock though.

vortecd

Established Member
Very cool! I love my Mustang in the summer and my Evo in the winter:)

Users who are viewing this thread