Bought a TVS, suggestions on fuel setup?

Av3ng3d

Established Member
I have a 2.3 TVS on the way and need some suggestions on how I should go about the fuel setup for the car. I have until the spring to get everything sorted.

My goal for the car next season is 700whp and low to mid 10’s on e85. I would rather avoid going return setup for the cost factor if possible but I’m all ears if it is a must.
I’ll be using a 3.0 upper and 4# lower which should net around 22psi, and plan on going with the GT500 VMP throttle body and inlet.

Will 80lb injectors supply enough fuel to reach that goal? I have a Fore fuel hat with improved Ford GT pumps and dual FPDM’s sitting in my garage that could be put in the car if it will be enough to get me there. I also have a KB BAP in the car right now with lethal rewire kit should it be needed to run with the the GT pump setup.
Thoughts?

Thanks for the help!

Last edited:

VMP_Steve1983

I seen your post on this and wanted to say this car project sounds like it should be alot of fun. I coyote swapped a 2013 Mustang GT engine into a 2004 Mustang GT car and used the VMP gen 3 blower with E85 and made 764 rwhp. Currently have the engine out getting it forged and built to increase power to 1,000 rwhp. I would like to offer some assistance and other options for your car build. You will be needing a return style fuel system as well as some other pieces to make this net the power you are looking for. Please feel free to call me at 321-206-9369 ext 122. I can work you up some great pricing and maybe help you out with the build process as well.

Last edited:

Comp04svt

Established Member
I have a 2.3 TVS on the way and need some suggestions on how I should go about the fuel setup for the car. I have until the spring to get everything sorted.

My goal for the car next season is 700whp and low to mid 10’s on e85. I would rather avoid going return setup for the cost factor if possible but I’m all ears if it is a must.
I’ll be using a 3.0 upper and 4# lower which should net around 22psi, and plan on going with the GT500 VMP throttle body and inlet.

Will 80lb injectors supply enough fuel to reach that goal? I have a Fore fuel hat with improved Ford GT pumps and dual FPDM’s sitting in my garage that could be put in the car if it will be enough to get me there. I also have a KB BAP in the car right now with lethal rewire kit should it be needed to run with the the GT pump setup.
Thoughts?

Thanks for the help!

I would recommend a return setup for those power goals personally. I don't think the setup you mentioned (returnless) will supply enough for 700 wheel on E, or if it will, it will be on the ragged edge, so I wouldn't take the chance personally. Even if yoo chose to, then you would be dealing with blown FRPS's and delayed shifts due to fuel cut and all that stuff. Plus I view BAP's as a bandaid and something else to fail personally.

I would do a lethal system or fore system and be done with it. Twin 465's. You can't go wrong with either brand.

I'm personally running a lethal 1200hp return system with 465's and 80# injectors. I have had zero problems with the system, or the injectors. I'm at 19#'s boost sitting at 685whp/640wtq with my gen 1 TVS. If I were to do it over again I would have chosen ID1050's most likely, but went with the 80's because that's what my tuner recommended. Some people have issues with 80's and idle quality, or the tuner being able to properly tune with them, so I would recommend talking to your tuner to see what they recommend.

VMP_Steve1983

As an employee of VMP Performance I would like to offer you a discount on any of the parts you need for your build on this project. We carry both Lethal Performance as well as the Fore systems. I have the Lethal performance 1400 RWHP return style kit on my 2004 Coyote swapped GT with twin walbro 465's and ID1050x running E85. The Gen 3 blower will make more power on less boost as it is more efficient and the power level comes on a little softer but continues to build power all the way thru the power curve. If anyone is looking for discounts please reach out to me at VMP. My goal is to help as many customers or potential customers reach their dream build with advice or making a sale with a discount code.

blownfox

Established Member
I was like you and did not want to do a return system. After I got my car put back together and tune, I did not like how the pumps acted between shifts. It could have been the tune but it sucked to go WOT and then shift. Now this year I did a return fore system and I no longer have that issue. I have constant fuel pressure on the rails and and no delay on the hit or in-between shifts.

I would also suggest a injector that can be tuned for gas and E-85. E-85 is not always available. If you ever plan on going over 750 RWHP then get the ID1300's or something similar.

SVTdreamin04

What's a "Termi"???
Established Member
Premium Member
I would recommend a return setup for those power goals personally. I don't think the setup you mentioned (returnless) will supply enough for 700 wheel on E, or if it will, it will be on the ragged edge, so I wouldn't take the chance personally. Even if yoo chose to, then you would be dealing with blown FRPS's and delayed shifts due to fuel cut and all that stuff. Plus I view BAP's as a bandaid and something else to fail personally.

I would do a lethal system or fore system and be done with it. Twin 465's. You can't go wrong with either brand.

I'm personally running a lethal 1200hp return system with 465's and 80# injectors. I have had zero problems with the system, or the injectors. I'm at 19#'s boost sitting at 685whp/640wtq with my gen 1 TVS. If I were to do it over again I would have chosen ID1050's most likely, but went with the 80's because that's what my tuner recommended. Some people have issues with 80's and idle quality, or the tuner being able to properly tune with them, so I would recommend talking to your tuner to see what they recommend.

I do have some idle issues and the car doesn't start like I would like it to with FRPP 80# injectors. I know it could all be corrected but it isn't really bad. I am just picky.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comp04svt

Established Member
I do have some idle issues and the car doesn't start like I would like it to with FRPP 80# injectors. I know it could all be corrected but it isn't really bad. I am just picky.

My idle jumps a little sometimes. Kinda sounds like a have a very small set of cams sometimes. Not near bad enough to get serious about changing things I guess. Car runs fantastic. Could be the 80#'s, and could also be the high boost intake, both seem to cause some small idle issues. My car starts like a champ anytime, any weather. Leaning more towards the high boost intake.

c6zhombre

E85 NutSwinger
Established Member
I'll start off by saying going with a fore return setup should be recommended over returnless. They are fantastic and at the end of the day the easiest and cheapest route to do it once and do it right.

But having said that, this car is returnless and handles 714/680 wheel on E85 with pump and inj duty cycles in the mid 80% range. It idles perfect, starts up perfect, shifts WOT seamlessly, has extremely low fuel temps, and has done so for ten years.....back in the days when the naysayers said "ethanol is going to eat your motor and fuel system alive!"

And that's with frpp 80s, a factory air inlet with a factory maf/mafia, an amsoil filter under hood, factory rails and factory manifolds....did I mention this is with a "TQ-less" 2.3 whipple? Lol

Users who are viewing this thread