Bought a trailer for the car :D

Toyless

Established Member
Curious why you went with the aluminum? Weight is obviously not a problem. I figured most went with the aluminum because of having a lighter duty truck.

These things are what 2-3x the price of a steel deck?

98 Saleen Cobra

Established Member
Went with aluminum because steel rusts. Then they look like shit. Aluminum is lighter so more towing capacity then a steel on the same axle. Resale value is also way higher on a aluminum

roy_1031

roy1031
Established Member
Very nice trailer and truck, I'm jealous! Although I am curious as to why you need your neighbor's permission to park something on your property? What would have happened if they said no?

98 Saleen Cobra

Established Member
Well it's against city regulation to parks boats, trailers, etc in your driveway. You can't have basketball hoops out front either.. But the city itself is really relaxed about it.. Like 3 people need to call the city and complain for them to come out..

With my dad's trailer I got a note on my door, but it was in the street not the driveway. So I'm thinking with the driveway it should totally be fine honestly. I'm not going to look into storage anymore I don't think. I've seen so many trailers and POS cars in driveways that the trailer should be fine. It's def not a eye sore at all. IDK i just don't want to piss the neighbors off. The neighborly thing to do is to ask and make sure they are good with it.

PaxtonShelby

iamdrab
Established Member
Sweet trailer there. I see you have a lock...but it seems like it would still be relatively easy to steal since it is pointed in the right direction and all. I have seen those locks defeated with minimal effort. Maybe a security camera pointed at your driveway?

98 Saleen Cobra

Established Member
Security camera is already covered ;).. There are 4 locks on the trailer as well. Not just the ball one..

Users who are viewing this thread