Bought a Terminator with a 5 speed.

Jroc

Established Member
Why do some of y'all believe that putting a 5-speed in a Terminator would be a very hard thing to do? People put 6-speeds in 5-speed cars all the time and it doesn't take a bunch of custom fabbing or anything. There's differences with how the synchro's work but other than that it should be an easy swap I would thing.

Also if I was the owner of that car I wouldn't sell it for some ridiculously low price. I would probably take the market value, and drop the price $1,500/2,000 for the tranny, and sell it.

I will say this if it is a T45 they were POS. Not near as good as 3550's, or TKO's. OP are you running turndowns on your car?

Last edited:

turbosaleen347

Established Member
wow what a bunch of crap flying around in this tread... could be as simple as the car was crashed and put back together cheap and sold at auction..that crap happens all the time.. The more I get in to my 03 vert the more i think it has been wrecked or just flat out had the crap beat out of it.. It was a used car with alot of stock parts replaced ..he bought it from pics alone.. .. anyway good luck hope you don't get to hurt on the rebuild:shrug:

Jefe

Established Member
What else did you find out about the car? Where in AZ was it from? I could probably find out more info for you if it was from Phx or Tucson

99stanger

RPB
Established Member
Sooo the door switches, wheels, and tail lights means its a fake? LOL Hahaha, I better not swap out my tails somebody might think its an imposter! C'mon guys anybody can swap that shit out, its all personal preference.

OP-

I would be a bit concerned as to why there is a 5spd in there (NOT like its a huge deal, as anybody racing these cars in 6th gear to begin with is a complete idiot).

An Oasis report should be the MOST accurate VIN check you can do on a cobra... so start there. Does the thing have an IRS?

My biggest worry would be somebody just slapped an eaton on a 99/01 Cobra and threw on some body parts... so run that report before you blow it up

99stanger

RPB
Established Member
Also (and Im not sure if this question has been asked yet).

BUT, what is the material of the top? Didn't ford steer away from that vinyl shit for the 03/04?

svt2712

Established Member
did your bro think that is a 6 speed or a five speed? it does not have the stock shift knob on it. maybe he thought it was 5 speed hell i forget to shift in to 6 gear some times.

Cobra10thaniv

Established Member
wha about the top?? did anyone mention that? im going to tell u straight up op: i just "cloned" my 01 vert to a terminator and it look nearly the same as this car. my top looks exactly the same. i thought the terminator tops were much blacker and a different material besides?

The top does appear to be the GT or V6 top material. Cobra's have Fabric material type, same material as used on Jaguars. Not the smooth vinyl as used on GT and V6.

I still believe this is a cobra You cant swap the vin's easy especial that door sticker, plus have all the important items I seen on the car. Yes it does appear cosmetic items are missing and the 6 speed is not in the car Unless your brother didnt know there really was 6th gear with the aftermarket shift knob

No its not a 10th. Lots of people want to say their Terminator is a 10th because its 10th year. The car wasnt listed as having the 10th option. Yes that is splitting hairs. But then again it was a great deal or you wouldnt have bought it!

Im sure you could bitch to the dealer that he listed as a 10th and it wasnt when you looked up the vin and work out a deal for a extended warranty or some sort of exchange of items Ebay you have 45 days for recourse and Ebay does take it serious threw my own experience

One thing I hope future buyers do is ask someone on the board to check cars out for them. If there is no way they can. This group of people on here has been great threw the years to ask for help. I gurantee if someone in our armed forces asked for help to check a car out and it was 100 miles away I'd go check it out for him or her.:beer:

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread