Bought a Sonic Blue 03 cobra

Lazerred98cobra

Established Member
Hi there

Just wondering if any of you may have some info on the car I just bought?? Its a sonic blue 03 cobra with coilovers, and what seems like a lot of autocross stuff, cc plates, strut tower braces, big brembos etc.. It also has 4 silver cobra r wheels, a billetflow 2.76 and full magnaflow exhaust... It was bought new at bonnell ford and stayed around there for 58K miles then was traded at wiskasset ford in Maine??

Anyone have any info on the car? the original owner was Troy Valezquez?

weatherman

Established Member
Hi there

Just wondering if any of you may have some info on the car I just bought?? Its a sonic blue 03 cobra with coilovers, and what seems like a lot of autocross stuff, cc plates, strut tower braces, big brembos etc.. It also has 4 silver cobra r wheels, a billetflow 2.76 and full magnaflow exhaust... It was bought new at bonnell ford and stayed around there for 58K miles then was traded at wiskasset ford in Maine??

Anyone have any info on the car? the original owner was Troy Valezquez?

well I work at Bonnell Ford...let me ask the service manager/owner he does autocross and I would imagine he would know the owner....

Lazerred98cobra

Established Member
sorry guys no pics right now... I was also wrong it was bought in Plymouth mass... Maybe colonial ford? But got most service work and inspections at Bonnell from 9000 miles to 57K.. I would just like some details from a previous owner cause the guy I got it from didnt even know the car was lowered hahahaha, just not a car guy

weatherman

Established Member
so I walked in to the service area to ask about your car and the service manager told me Troy(previous owner) had been in earlier this morning for service...I am going to try and get his email for you OP

FromGTtoSVT

can't believe I am still here
Established Member
that's TroyV's old car....his screan name on this forum is TroyV...i don't see him on here a ton anymore but you will want to look him up

Best way to get a hold of him is to find him at one of the open track events at Deven's...he sold that car to get a built miata.

Congrats!!

TroyV

Brakes only slow you down
Established Member
I sent my cell # in reply to your email. I'd be glad to give you any info you'd like about the car. I'm not sure what changes the guy I sold it to may have made.....but that car was very well sorted out for track and autocross.

...and as for the Miata, I wanted a car that wouldn't break my heart if I stuffed into a wall.

.....and I was tired of getting my ass kicked at Devens. :)

Last edited:

TroyV

Established Member
Will do.. He is on his way home with his latest car acquisition... It is an italian car. :)

btw...never got a call or email from you lazerred... You can email or call..

I loved that car, and took VERY good care of it on the maintenance end.

Last edited:

TroyV

Established Member
Addendum: It might not have been the cleanest example outside, but the internals were spotless with blackstone reports run twice a year.

You will not find an 03 Cobra set up better for track duty or autocross anywhere...save maybe the half dozen or so guys on the SVTp track forum.

My two favorite pics:

800LDIG.gif

AirUpThereResize.gif

TroyV

Established Member
PM replied..

Yes, that is the top of bridge straight at Summit Point Shenandoah. What you don't see is the Ferrari F430 chasing me around. It was really strange, I would destroy the Ferrari in the turns, but lose a little ground in the straights....I would have though it to be the opposite.....this was the cool down lap from that session.... He never got that close while we were hot. ;)

IMG_1694.gif

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread