Bought a new supercharger today

Friendchicken

and it came with a lovely carrying case....

(New black 2003 cobra coupe)

Old news for some, but up here in Canada, the're just hitting the streets :beer:

Jake

Established Member
Congrats! I hope you enjoy your new ride!

Just curious but what was your build date and delivery date? I am also Canadian ( live 45 mins from Toronto ) and am still waiting for my Cobra to show up at the dealership. Build was 9/9 ETA week of 9/23.

At least we have a little bit of time left before the snow flies :)

Friendchicken

I put a depost/order in May. My build date was Sept 09 and delivery date was the week of the 23rd. Car arrived in province on Thursday by rail and was on a transport for the dealership at 6:00am Friday.

I'm on the west coast, so I don't know if your cars come in quicker or not. West coast cars come by way of Medicin Hat AB.

My first impressions of the car while driving was very very comfortable and tight. The ride was nice and firm (especially after driving a 2001 vert GT for a year) and the car reminded me of a ride in an Audi.

The car may be a bit heavy, but I couldn't tell because the torque is so smooth across the whole RPM band which may account for reports of the car not "feeling" fast. Don't mistake it though- this car is fast and at 3/4 throttle, it's a beast.

The boost guage should have been named "MPG miltiplyer" hehe. Not much places to get into boost for very long in the city, but the redlight jump to get out of the parking lane is so damn easy, it's not funny.

The wheels/tires are top notch for a general street application and I never broke the tires once under strong acceleration, and the sidewalls of the tires were very strong and flexed only under hairpin corners.

I am getting a Pro 5.0 shifter next week cause the 6 shift vs the 5 shift means more shifting to get to 100 kms. The tranny was not as bad as I was led to believe by all reports, although most of the complaints about missing third gear can be attributed to the long reach to lock it in gear compared with the downshifts.

Outside detail was perfect, all the body pannels matched up perfectly and all had clearcoat :D The spoiler showed no double-sided tape.

Finally we have a trunk light, a roofline pocket for a garage door opener, the best damn seats I have ever sat in and finally, the seat moved back to accomidate my 6'0" height.

I'll miss the center vent airflow control and the cobra tail lights, but that is easily dealt with.

I have yet to break in the clutch cable, so it grabs a bit close to the floor, but after a month, it will be perfect. The exhaust isn't really "quiet", but it does have a good tuning on it and is conservative. I find some exhaust systems loud which I can handle, but they sound like crap and untuned. I'll see when i break in the exhaust system in after 2-3 months.

Ever since I traded my 98 cobra in for a GT (vert or not) I have been kicking myself. For a while I was lusting after a Porsche Boxster S and saving up. But after today... what Boxster?

Anyway, I'm outta here. Don't forget- keep the shiney side up and be safe.

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread