Bought a New Gun Today

countrysquire

Search then Ask
Established Member
I bought a Glock 30sf. I just picked it up and Im gonna take it out tomorrow and shoot. I might make it my new IDPA gun and definately my carry gun. I think it will be perfect for off duty use. The ol' Beretta 92 is so damn bulky to be comfortable with. Any of you guys have or use a Glock 30sf? Any thoughts or concerns with the gun?

Thanks,
Bobby

ShortThrow50

Always buyin cheap tires
Established Member
not a fan of the "block". i like the beretta 92 better. its all personal preference

wurd2

Bingo.
Established Member
I went out and bought a real handgun:

dirtyharrygun1.jpg

:beer:

01SVTSnake

Thud Thud Thud Thud Thud
Established Member
Concerns? Yeah... why do you need a goddamn gun?

oh boy, your one of those. I wish this was SD

btw, the 30s are nice pistols, Im not the biggest glock fan, but the 30s shoot nicely. Only reason i would never CC a glock is the lack of external safety. Yeah theres the trigger mechanism but i was never a fan of that.

Last edited:

qachargh

Established Member
Finally. Someone else who isn't head-over-heels in love with Glocks. Incredibly good weapons but I am not too fond of the superiority complex some people get when they buy them.

dogmush

Established Member
I sold my G30 to fund one of my 1911's.

It was a decent gun, went bang and all that. I sold it because of the following reasons:

1. Glock trigger pull. You either like it or don't. I don't.
2. It was thick for CC use. It seems like it should be a small gun, but it feels much bigger when on your hip because it's so thick. It's easier for me to conceal a 5" 1911 then the old G30. I carry IWB though. It would be less of a concern with other carry methods.
3. Glock Ergonomics. See #1.

If it fits you, and you can carry it comfortably it's a nice little gun. Hi-cap for a sub compact, goes bang every time, hits POA in a reasonable range. I could get it to shortcycle if I limp-wristed it, but I had to actually try to do it. But be aware you need a good grip on the gun. That's true for any sub-compact auto though.

double eagle said:
Concerns? Yeah... why do you need a goddamn gun?

Because a cop won't fit in my holster.

Hmbre97

Eaton powered
Established Member
I picked up a Mossberg Maverick 12 ga. tonight. It's the security model with the 18.5" barrel. Should look something like this once I get all the tactical goodies for it (random pic from web).

590A1withComstock.jpg

Scout238

Eaton Poweredddddd!!!
Established Member
Don't hate... I'm from ca and am very pro gun... Until you get in trouble with the law, then I think you should loose them. It just seems like the losers **** it up for everyone else. (Its late leave me alone)

Users who are viewing this thread