Bought a new car....I couldn't last more than a month haha

CobraMac

Established Member
So the house I originally wanted to buy sold while finishing the deal with selling my cobra. I've been sitting on a lot of money lately and driving the DD just hasn't been enough. Since a few months ago I was looking at other cars I went online and looked again. A car that I was looking at literally 4 months ago still had not sold....so I jumped on it...I couldn't help myself. I still am looking at homes and will be purchasing one in the next few months without a doubt. I just had to do this....especially when the gf told me I should too lol.

So here it is.... Victory Red C6 Z51 fully loaded (no nav, their nav sucks), vortech supercharger, Corsa Sport exhaust, B&M short shifter, lowering bolts, powder-coated wheels, tint, stealth sub box, targa top.

Hate and trash talk for my decisions commence lol.....

IMAG0149-1.jpg

IMAG0167.jpg

IMAG0157.jpg

IMAG0155.jpg

This one makes it look pink because of the sun/camera lol
DSCN1147.jpg

DSCN1151.jpg

IMAG0161.jpg

Fox-4

OFFICER BARBRADY
Established Member
Nice buy, but for the love of God, please do something about those wheels. They completely trash the look of the car.

TBCobra

Established Member
Premium Member
Beer Money Bros.
Numbers?

Looks sick dude.

wjk

Established Member
I like it, even the wheels I think look good.

What was the price difference between that and a Z06? Just curious because I would assume a C6 with a supercharger would is a bit more then a regular C6.

Hows it compare to the twin turbod Cobra?

CobraMac

Established Member

Hahaha I was waiting for that one actually!

Nice buy, but for the love of God, please do something about those wheels. They completely trash the look of the car.

Thanks man! And you are literally the first person of probably 200 that has said they don't like them. I guess everyone has their opinion...but trash the look of the car? Not even close man.

Numbers?

Looks sick dude.

Well the only power mod done to the car is the s/c and it's at only 6lbs of boost...but made 511whp/430wtq. It's crazy how much lighter this thing is compared to the cobra tho

Camaro_94

Brown Recluse Slayer
Established Member
Congrats man! I still miss seeing the pictures of your Cobra though. LOL!

Sick Vette. I just bought a C5 Z today too.

CobraMac

Established Member
I like it, even the wheels I think look good.

What was the price difference between that and a Z06? Just curious because I would assume a C6 with a supercharger would is a bit more then a regular C6.

Hows it compare to the twin turbod Cobra?

Thank you!!

Well this one I got for a complete STEAL. The owner lost his job and was about to lose his house so he had to fire sale it. But the Z51 package isn't that expensive for all the upgrades you get...I think it's only like $1,500 more. I think new they are around like $47-48k.

And the s/c definitely wasn't cheap as we all know...thankfully I bought it like this though lol.

And it's crazy....comparison wise it's sooo hard. The cobra was an absolute BEAST. This is very powerful, yet refined. It is ridiculously fast still, especially since it weighs so much less than the cobra. But it also has the added bonus of the fact that I get traction in every single gear. With the cobra, even with the whipple traction was hard until 3rd. This one hooks up in 1st most of the time. I don't know about the twin turbos...but I will say this c6 at 511whp feels much faster than my whippled cobra at almost 600whp ever felt! Oh and the handling on this car is insane....the computer system for the handling is incredible, and all the different settings it has is awesome...especially for when I'll take it to the track. I could never have even dreamed of this kind of handling from the cobra (that's obvious though).

CobraMac

Established Member
yeah looks the same and isnt his a vortech blower too? anyways time for some true forged wheels now?!

Ummmm I think it might be? I know he has the A&A kit on his. Mine is directly from vortech. I am going to put the A&A bracket on mine though...it's much nicer. And I think so....give me a couple months at least though lol. And I know Steve will be wanting to throw some on it!!

Fox-4

OFFICER BARBRADY
Established Member
Hahaha I was waiting for that one actually!

Thanks man! And you are literally the first person of probably 200 that has said they don't like them. I guess everyone has their opinion...but trash the look of the car? Not even close man.

Well the only power mod done to the car is the s/c and it's at only 6lbs of boost...but made 511whp/430wtq. It's crazy how much lighter this thing is compared to the cobra tho

The reason I'm saying that those wheels don't compliment the look of the car. It's like they are perma-coated in brake dust. Maybe if they where a gloss black or another color, it wouldn't be so bad.

Stevo151

Established Member
Ummmm I think it might be? I know he has the A&A kit on his. Mine is directly from vortech. I am going to put the A&A bracket on mine though...it's much nicer. And I think so....give me a couple months at least though lol. And I know Steve will be wanting to throw some on it!!

ahhh yeah! and sounds good man :beer:

CobraMac

Established Member
The reason I'm saying that those wheels don't compliment the look of the car. It's like they are perma-coated in brake dust. Maybe if they where a gloss black or another color, it wouldn't be so bad.

They are a flat black/teflon black...when you see them in person they look nothing like that...and in almost all the pictures they don't look like they have brake dust all over them :shrug:

And gloss black shows brake dust after 15 mins of driving....I didn't choose the powdercoat, I bought it like this...and I love it now actually. I get compliments on them almost every time I drive the car! :D

Last edited:

CobraMac

Established Member
Wheels look sick! Congrats

Thank you very much!! :beer:

NICE car man... been looking at C6's with the Z51 pkg lately- they are coming way down!!

Yahhh they really are coming down in price! The supercharged ones are still pricey, but I got this one for a STEAL, like no other. Only has 30,000 miles on it too!

Looks good.

Thank you!! :D

Vids? I wanna hear it....lol :beer:

And not yet! I will get some of it next week for you guys! :banana:

Users who are viewing this thread