Bought a heat exchanger today ..

H46D

Shark attacks up
Established Member
Originally posted by LIGHTNING LARRY
The FLUIDYNE HE is a much nicer/bigger unit. And it's only $80 more. Pay the difference and get the better HE.

www.AMAZONRACING.com

Is that YOUR opinion or do you have proof of the difference.I could not pass up the savings.........It is a savings of more than 80 bucks by the way:)

THANKS LFP:coolman:

LIGHTNING LARRY

Retired
Super Moderator
Originally posted by H46D
Is that YOUR opinion or do you have proof of the difference.I could not pass up the savings.........It is a savings of more than 80 bucks by the way:)

THANKS LFP:coolman:

DEF.NOT just my opinion. It's fact. The fluidyne is bigger and better made. But I'm sure yours will work fine. I wanted the best. I want a cool intake charge for my KB. According to the site prices there is only $80. difference. What did he charge you?

PLUS: I like to support the vendors that pay for this site so we can use it for FREE.:rockon:

H46D

Shark attacks up
Established Member
$499 compared to $419. Or am I way off on this one?

WAY OFF... That is why I decided to jump on this deal. I had another vendor tell me that I would never see it at the price I got it for. I would have never paid over 450 for one. As Mike Tyson said before " Thats Ludicrous"

I was however shocked to know how much that some vendors have tied up in these things, but rest assured that they are making money off of them!

:rockon: Mark@LFP

LIGHTNING LARRY

Retired
Super Moderator
WAY OFF... That is why I decided to jump on this deal. I had another vendor tell me that I would never see it at the price I got it for. I would have never paid over 450 for one. As Mike Tyson said before " Thats Ludicrous"

I was however shocked to know how much that some vendors have tied up in these things, but rest assured that they are making money off of them!

:rockon: Mark@LFP

CHECK THE SITE PRICES:shrug:

Dude buy whichever one you want. There is no comparison between the 2. The FLUIDYNE is a much nicer HE.

H46D

Shark attacks up
Established Member
DEF.NOT just my opinion. It's fact. The fluidyne is bigger and better made. But I'm sure yours will work fine. I wanted the best. I want a cool intake charge for my KB. According to the site prices there is only $80. difference. What did he charge you?

PLUS: I like to support the vendors that pay for this site so we can use it for FREE.:rockon:

I agree it may be better built but until I see performance analysis comparisons I will keep my opinions to myself;-)

I also believe in supporting vendors but I am not making a portion of a mortage payment on any single item.

I.E. Heat exchanger..:-D

Once again Thanks LFP

H46D

Shark attacks up
Established Member
It's also bigger. Which means more cooling area.

It may be bigger but I have yet to see any relevant proof it cools better. If by some reason it does cool better it would be very minute thus not warranting spending to much extra on it....

LIGHTNING LARRY

Retired
Super Moderator
It may be bigger but I have yet to see any relevant proof it cools better. If by some reason it does cool better it would be very minute thus not warranting spending to much extra on it....

Why don't they put a timy radiator in cars/trucks?
Because a bigger one cools better.:p

Why don't they put a timy radiator in cars/trucks?
Because a bigger one cools better.:p

Not totally. Alot of it has to do with flow rate. A bigger one doesn't necesarily means it cools better, but it will allow for better flow in a bigger engine. There is a lot of little stuff that i'm sure the engineers base their decision off of that none of us will never know.

As far as the whole Fluidyne vs. Afco... Neither one really results in any performance value at all. Honestly I think they are both a waste of money.:shrug:

Users who are viewing this thread