Bought a Dark Horse with the Ford Performance Whipple Kit

ArabianOak

Established Member
Congrats. Can't wait to see the whipple results.

What is the estimate for power with the whipple?

And you gotta flex having the M1000 in the background?? lol. Whats the mileage at these days?
I flipped the m. I’m actually doing the deal tomorrow and getting a diavel v4. Only 30 miles on the m. lol.

Whipple says 810hp.

ArabianOak

Established Member
Was this a special order that someone backed out on and you picked up? I thought Green Bordered window stickers indicated a customer special order?

What do you think of the Recaro's? I hate them in my wife's Focus RS...and I'm not a big guy.
There pretty good. Just hate there not heated and cooled.

JPKII

Established Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I flipped the m. I’m actually doing the deal tomorrow and getting a diavel v4. Only 30 miles on the m. lol.

Whipple says 810hp.

Haha. Thats awesome. Congrats on that. I'm hoping they do a Diavel V4S or V4RS or something special (not the Bentley or Lambo bullshit). That bike is on the short list. The Akra exhaust for that is pure art. And they are bad as hell. Good luck. Bren also does a tune for those... ;)

ArabianOak

Established Member
Haha. Thats awesome. Congrats on that. I'm hoping they do a Diavel V4S or V4RS or something special (not the Bentley or Lambo bullshit). That bike is on the short list. The Akra exhaust for that is pure art. And they are bad as hell. Good luck. Bren also does a tune for those... ;)
yes, i plan to do the termi, you should help me install it one day...lol. lets ride soon, i have the r nine t pure as well...really enjoy the pure.

JPKII

Established Member
Single Barrel Sirs
yes, i plan to do the termi, you should help me install it one day...lol. lets ride soon, i have the r nine t pure as well...really enjoy the pure.
I just watch motomillion's install vid for the termi slip on. No sweat. Lemme know when. :)

q6543

Established Member
Great looking DH!!

I’m waiting for my whipple to ship also, supposed to be this week… absolute bargain combo.

NAPERCOBRA

Established Member
Hi Gang,

On my way to pick up a pretty loaded DH from my local dealer...I have been going back and forth for a MONTH to get them to come under MSRP on this thing...lol. Part of the deal was to include the ford performance whipple kit.

That kit should arrive in the next 2-3 weeks and I will of course post results once that puppy is installed. I will post pics after I pick it up here shortly...here is the window sticker...the carbon rims are gorgeous and scary at the same time.

Thank you @13COBRA on your help via PM. I hope to do business with you in the future...I am sick of these local dealers playing so many games and making me wait so long to get a deal. lol. Still have the vette, might consign that soon, not sure...
View attachment 1837963
God damn that MSRP is nuts

IamRacerX

No brand loyalty rhetoric here.
Established Member
Just a FYI, I'm pretty sure that 810hp number for the whipple is on a regular GT5.0..... not sure they have an advertised number on a DH... saw one make 755 rwhp on a DH with the A10.

ArabianOak

Established Member
Initial stock
Just a FYI, I'm pretty sure that 810hp number for the whipple is on a regular GT5.0..... not sure they have an advertised number on a DH... saw one make 755 rwhp on a DH with the A10.

yes, i have been reading the DH will make more toward the 850. The DH apparently has fully forged internals from the GT500? Do you know anything about that? There are alot of internal upgrades on the DH motor from what I understand over the standard GT...so I am assuming it can take slightly more boost.

ArabianOak

Established Member
Initials stock results...(will post dragy videos in the coming days)

0-60 high 3 second range on colder streets...in drag mode the car shifts into second and goes sideways really fast, feels similar to my C7z06 in that regard.

0-100 in the low 8 second range.

From a roll this car feels STRONG. My c8 goes 0-100 in 7.7 seconds and the DH feels like it could be right there or a car back. Def faster than what the magazines have claimed. Motor Trend was the only mag that got a decent 1/4 mile out of it 12.0@118mph.

That 118 trap speed is where I think this car should be. I trapped 115 in my 2013 5.0 11 years ago and I think that car made 100 less hp.

More results soon but I have been pleased with how strong this car feels stock and I think the a10 trans is awesome...very long gears, hard to believe it has 10 speeds since 1st and second are so long.

Users who are viewing this thread