Bought a 2014 today

subcpo

Established Member
Decided to trade my '10 Grabber Blue GT500. All black with Track, Navi, Recaro, Car Cover, Shaker Pro.

First impressions. Some minor differences with the Radio. I like the center display between RPM's/Speedo vice the one in the 10. Seats are really comfortable. I like the little blind spot mirrors. Subwoofer takes up some trunk space...will have to put dead hookers elsewhere.
I like the car cover..pretty cool.
Love the rims..my wife liked the Grabber blue/White stripes on my 10 cuz she thought it got more attention but I love the all black.

Exhaust is a nice deep rumble.

Driving...well I nursed her home at speed limit..lot of traffic on I95 with holiday travelers. Still settling in with the clutch.

Got on to a nice little stretch of road by my house..was doing about 25 in second and hit the gas..I have never been pushed in my seat like that before, my wife was speechless and I had the jaw dropped look of total shock.

She said this is not like the '10...I have to agree.

09Troublemaker

" That don't sound stock"
Established Member
Decided to trade my '10 Grabber Blue GT500. All black with Track, Navi, Recaro, Car Cover, Shaker Pro.

First impressions. Some minor differences with the Radio. I like the center display between RPM's/Speedo vice the one in the 10. Seats are really comfortable. I like the little blind spot mirrors. Subwoofer takes up some trunk space...will have to put dead hookers elsewhere.
I like the car cover..pretty cool.
Love the rims..my wife liked the Grabber blue/White stripes on my 10 cuz she thought it got more attention but I love the all black.

Exhaust is a nice deep rumble.

Driving...well I nursed her home at speed limit..lot of traffic on I95 with holiday travelers. Still settling in with the clutch.

Got on to a nice little stretch of road by my house..was doing about 25 in second and hit the gas..I have never been pushed in my seat like that before, my wife was speechless and I had the jaw dropped look of total shock.

She said this is not like the '10...I have to agree.

congrats , it will only get better:beer:

subcpo

Established Member
09Trouble...Is that the extra chin spoiler in your pic? I left that in the trunk. Not sure if I am going to put it on.

5.0 guy

Established Member
I had my lower front splitter installed, I do scuff it here and there with the lower springs but it really completed the front IMO.

COOL COBRA

Hell Yes!
Established Member
Hahah, like 09 said, it will only get better. Just be very very careful. The splitter? Mount it. It's only plastic. If you trash it, it's cheap to replace. Enjoy the new car! Carefully!

09Troublemaker

" That don't sound stock"
Established Member
09Trouble...Is that the extra chin spoiler in your pic? I left that in the trunk. Not sure if I am going to put it on.

put it on...makes it complete up front IMO. As others have said, cheap to replace if you mess it up. No issues here and she's lowered on FRPP springs:beer:

Lethalchem

Sigmund Frod
Established Member
Congrats on your new purchase. :beer:

Yes, I too like the front splitter on my car, but the front looks incomplete (even with or without the splitter installed) if you don't add the side and rear splitters. Just my opinion though.

DSCF3816_zps6c47fccd.jpg

DSCF3811_zps32ceb28a.jpg

DSCF3810_zps69a4f2e5.jpg

04MysticCobra

Established Member
Congrats on the new '14. I am very happy with mine so far. Best
of luck with the new ride.

swlacobra

too many cars
Established Member
i have a 13 and what everybody is telling you is true. put the splitter on it completes the car. congrats on the new ride

jbs$

Established Member
Enjoy your car, one word of advice; break the clutch in properly or you will regret it.

jason6488

Established Member
congrats! theyre a blast to drive. That first time you downshift on the highway and it fishtails, you'll KNOW its a beast.

440sprint

Established Member
Congrats, but be very careful on the OE GY F1 tires due to the power that your car has!

I would venture to guess that ~75% of the '13/'14 Shelby owners have never experienced the kind of power these cars have! It was a shock to me the first time I went WOT with mine!

psycholx

ALWAYS STANG, SOMETIMES L
Established Member
Congrats on your new purchase. :beer:

Yes, I too like the front splitter on my car, but the front looks incomplete (even with or without the splitter installed) if you don't add the side and rear splitters. Just my opinion though.

DSCF3816_zps6c47fccd.jpg

QUOTE]

Lethalchem, will those rear side splitters fit 2010-2012 Shelbys? I am wanting some to complete mine, but site says 2013 and up. Nice Snake by the way. Love the color.

Users who are viewing this thread