both rear brakes hanging up :(

4a7191a

Established Member
Got home and smelled a burnt clutch smell, turns out both rear brakes are dragging. Parking break seems to be working fine. Anyone ever have a problem like this ? Abs light isn't on so I'm at a loss on what it could be . Never have in 12 years working on other peoples cars have I come across this. :(

4a7191a

Established Member
Turns out my rear parking break was hung up somehow. Bud of mine told me to run the truck in reverse and ally the parking break , and to do that several times. Well it worked , they're not stuck anymore. I'll drive it tomarrow more and hopefully this was a one time deal. :/

mnewxcv

Established Member
maybe time for new ebrake cable? happened on my contour on a really cold night, always dragged a little from then on unless i reached in the wheel to release the brake manually on the caliper.

leo2hot4tv

Established Member
Happened to me once on my truck. Never found the problem, hasn't done it since. I opened the rear and lubed the crap out of htem though.

PAZZY

Mine have stuck on twice in 6 months.The problem solver for me was when I wash the truck, I cover the rear discs and calipers in a waste bag put in through the wheel.It stops the water going behind the disc and sitting inside the disc were the e brake shoes are.
The two times its happened is the next morning after washing the truck with the e brake on over night

Jroc

Established Member
maybe time for new ebrake cable? happened on my contour on a really cold night, always dragged a little from then on unless i reached in the wheel to release the brake manually on the caliper.

If you know where to find one let me know as the dumb asses how mounted my tires and aligned my truck last time broke mine. For some reason apparently a regular F150 with a 120" wheel bases cable won't work, but I thought a L's rear brakes where the same as any other F150 of the same year. I think it has something to do with a L being the only regular cab F150 with the 7700 lb GVW package. :shrug:

Users who are viewing this thread