Boston Area Hotel

assasyn

Established Member
I am traveling for business in two weeks to NH/VT. I have a day to burn on Monday and am looking for a hotel in the Boston area for Sunday night and Wednesday night. All of the hotels in Boston are pretty expensive. Can anyone recommend a suburb area that might be less expensive, nice and still within driving distance to Boston? I have to drive out of Boston on Monday afternoon to NH and back in from VT on Wednesday night. Doesn't have to be the same hotel each night.

Catching a Sox game on Wednesday night!

jworason

Established Member
Hotels near Boston

Check out Hotels in Marlborough, MA. I live here and drive into Boston every day. It is 36 miles to Boston and takes about 30 minutes. There are several hotels in Marlborough including Holiday Inn, Royal Plaza, Courtyard, Best Western and a few more. An hour from Portsmouth, NH

If you don't like that drive Natick, MA is closer. Google it for hotels.

notchstang92

Spoolin'
Established Member
Quincy is close to Boston, maybe 15 minutes and so is Braintree. They are maybe 12 miles from Boston. They both have hotels that aren't too expensive. I will caution you that Rte 93 north and south is one of the worst roads you will ever see. It is constant traffic with at least one major backup a day that brings traffic to a stop.

MTBSully

Established Member
Check out Hotels in Marlborough, MA. I live here and drive into Boston every day. It is 36 miles to Boston and takes about 30 minutes. There are several hotels in Marlborough including Holiday Inn, Royal Plaza, Courtyard, Best Western and a few more. An hour from Portsmouth, NH

If you don't like that drive Natick, MA is closer. Google it for hotels.

30 minutes with no traffic. Good luck on the pike inbound between 7am and 10am. Talk about a parking lot

Quincy is close to Boston, maybe 15 minutes and so is Braintree. They are maybe 12 miles from Boston. They both have hotels that aren't too expensive. I will caution you that Rte 93 north and south is one of the worst roads you will ever see. It is constant traffic with at least one major backup a day that brings traffic to a stop.

Yeah 93 into boston in the morning and out of boston at night are rough. Try and avoid the rush hour traffic wherever you stay

FromGTtoSVT

can't believe I am still here
Established Member
realistically, anywhere you stay out side of the city is going to be in the traffic red zone

Burlington, Stoneham, Woburn all places with easy access to 93 ( the main rt in and out of Boston ) that are cheaper compared to downtown

assasyn

Established Member
Thanks for all of the advice. I should be able to ship the traffic. I fly in late on Sunday and have no schedule on Monday. I'll just wait for traffic to die down and head into the city and then head out to NH before traffic gets bad on the way out.

Rotarur

Loflyr
Established Member
http://www.hotwire.com

Parking in Boston during the week is expensive, might be a wash if you find a hotel with parking and walk, take a bus or the T around the city. Relatively good rates around Fenway, Hotwire does list a couple 3 star hotels for less than $150.

assasyn

Established Member
Man, Boston was great. Stayed in Lexington at the Aloft on Sunday. Spent time in the city on Monday and drove up to the NH/VT border that afternoon. What a beautiful part of the country. Drove back in Wednesday night and didn't make the Sox game. Beard night sold all of the tickets.

I didn't end up hitting any traffic at all. I'll be back for sure.

Users who are viewing this thread