Boss with centri or not?????

chadder1313

Established Member
Looking for the centri guys to chime in with their recommendations. I am having this delema now and really want some input on this mater. I'm stuck!!

bam2012@TBR

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
No boss intake here, and looking at my log my power didn't fall off at shutdown. I told them to stop the pull at 7,200. This is the number that I stop at and feel best with both driving and by my dyno sheet.

bam2012@TBR

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
If you already have it, you can always install it and retune and see what you think, I would install one if it was free, but I'm not buying one anytime soon.

chadder1313

Established Member
Heck I may just try to sell it. Got a smoking deal on it and now I may just turn right around and try to unload it. Hmm??

Dtony

Established Member
I run one on mine with no issues because I already had it. To be honest I don't think I am gaining any performance, I leave it on because I like the way it looks.

Gpcalero

Cuz Racecar
Established Member
From what I read (and this sounds odd to me), is that with the boss mani, you can make the same hp as the stock mani on just a little less boost. Somebody correct me if I'm wrong but I think it's true. Somebody chime in

Also, if I had the Boss mani, I would run it anyways since it benefits you most at high rpm and the centri makes peak boost and hp at redline. Plus the fact that you already have it AND that it's a ridiculously good looking manifold IMO.

UnleashedBeast

Engine Lubrication Guru
Established Member
From what I read (and this sounds odd to me), is that with the boss mani, you can make the same hp as the stock mani on just a little less boost. Somebody correct me if I'm wrong but I think it's true. Somebody chime in

Also, if I had the Boss mani, I would run it anyways since it benefits you most at high rpm and the centri makes peak boost and hp at redline. Plus the fact that you already have it AND that it's a ridiculously good looking manifold IMO.

The stock manifold doesn't bleed off HP at high RPM with FI setups like it does with NA setups. The Boss manifold isn't required for FI setups. Save the money and spend it elsewhere, like a return style fuel system instead of a boost a pump.

JPC's 8 second turbo car has a stock 5.0 manifold on top. Even they prefer it. IMO, the Boss manifold is for NA, short geared, road course racing cars only. Even NA setups at the drag strip report minimal gain from the Boss swap.

Shaun at AED only gained .1 and 1 mph in the 1/4 mile on his NA setup. With FI, those gains are nil.

beefcake

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
The stock manifold doesn't bleed off HP at high RPM with FI setups like it does with NA setups. The Boss manifold isn't required for FI setups. Save the money and spend it elsewhere, like a return style fuel system instead of a boost a pump.

JPC's 8 second turbo car has a stock 5.0 manifold on top. Even they prefer it. IMO, the Boss manifold is for NA, short geared, road course racing cars only. Even NA setups at the drag strip report minimal gain from the Boss swap.

Shaun at AED only gained .1 and 1 mph in the 1/4 mile on his NA setup. With FI, those gains are nil.

On a stock bottom end car, I think the stock mani is fine.

Once you got to a built motor, that would change. The boss manifold, especially in higher boost applications (at least in a centri) will def outshine the stock manifold.

The more boost, the more it's going to shine over the stocker.

For the average guy, not with a built bottom end, the stocker will give you all you need.

RusWolf

Established Member
I'm in the same boat as OP. I purchased my BOSS IM and strut tower brace for a smoking deal that i simply was not able to pass up.

I'm installing it this week, even if i don't make more power i'm just going to install it for looks since i also think it looks really good and make the engine bay sexier!

Users who are viewing this thread