Boss with bolt on's 10.9 @125.89

sean04

Established Member
A few runs from this weekend. Hopefully with with some fine tuning on the suspension and tire pressure I can get into the 80's

CB967BC7-D2B7-4371-A36F-1CF172EF983C_zpsfz6esrmd.jpg

Click on the pic for vid

th_trim17849C01-55C7-456E-B804-557A7F2B12CE_zps5dbe5063.jpg

A few more vids

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x_siM...&feature=share

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-_Fwo...iNI1Rw&index=2

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LONBP...=share&index=3

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=INsrk...=share&index=5

Tezz500

Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!
Established Member

kevinatfms

Ex-Ford/Kia/Hyundai Tech
Established Member
Premium Member
They had a curb weight in the 3600lb range. Where did you get 3400lbs with driver? This would mean your Boss tips the scales at 3200lbs curb weight? :shrug:

Last edited:

sean04

Established Member
It's 3160 without me, I never weighed the car when it was stock so I couldn't tell you what it weighed then. I find it strange that people want to talk more about what it weighs than what it runs. Im really impressed with the car so far and just wanted to share.

IronTerp

Mid-Atlantic Cobra Assoc.
Very nice Sean!!! Folks here aren't concerned necessarily about what your Boss weighs. They just want to know your formula for getting such great performance out of it with such modest boltons. Very good 60' times. Usually means suspension mods, good tires, and very good driving! Density Altitude was about +1670 when you were doing your runs so you certainly got no help there. Not sure what you weigh, but it looks like you have reduced your Mustang's race weight by 300+/- lbs which is significant for these cars and would certainly contribute to your great results. This takes nothing away from your accomplishments.

90goldtsiawd

here 4 da laffs & cruelty
Established Member
Very nice Sean!!! Folks here aren't concerned necessarily about what your Boss weighs. They just want to know your formula for getting such great performance out of it with such modest boltons. Very good 60' times. Usually means suspension mods, good tires, and very good driving! Density Altitude was about +1670 when you were doing your runs so you certainly got no help there. Not sure what you weigh, but it looks like you have reduced your Mustang's race weight by 300+/- lbs which is significant for these cars and would certainly contribute to your great results. This takes nothing away from your accomplishments.

He said race weight without driver is 3160. That's a shit ton lighter! Much respect here for getting that much weight out!

Last edited:

USNjocson

CORPSMAN UP!
Established Member
My build idol. Awesome work OP. Looking forward to your weight cutting technique, thats if you care to share :D

sean04

Established Member

I hear what your saying and appreciate the kind words :). Most here probably consider what I've done extreme, and probably wouldn't do this to their daily driver. I love clean and simple and will get rid of anything that I feel won't take away from my driving experience. Lol

Off the top of my head here is a list of things I've pulled out of the car to get it to its weight

Windshield reservoir
X brace and cover
Wipers and motor
Trunk is gutted
Horn
Boss LS rear seat delete
Axle blocks
Strut tower brace
Abs pump
Mini battery kit
Al DS
Weld wheels with bias ply tires
2 piece rotors front and rear
Sparco steering wheel
Sparco seats
No airbags
No AC
No fender liners
No front swaybar
Tubular front bumper support
No rear bumper support
No charcoal canister
And various other random pieces here and there

If I think of anything else I will add to the list

The magnum swap added around 25lbs. Probably the only other thing I will do to shed a few more pounds is a tubular k and arms setup. Drag brakes would cut quite a bit of weight, but I like the fact that the car looks stock when I have the factory wheels on it.

2 cam sam

Established Member
I hear what your saying and appreciate the kind words :). Most here probably consider what I've done extreme, and probably wouldn't do this to their daily driver. I love clean and simple and will get rid of anything that I feel won't take away from my driving experience. Lol

Off the top of my head here is a list of things I've pulled out of the car to get it to its weight

Windshield reservoir
X brace and cover
Wipers and motor
Trunk is gutted
Horn
Boss LS rear seat delete
Axle blocks
Strut tower brace
Abs pump
Mini battery kit
Al DS
Weld wheels with bias ply tires
2 piece rotors front and rear
Sparco steering wheel
Sparco seats
No airbags
No AC
No fender liners
No front swaybar
Tubular front bumper support
No rear bumper support
No charcoal canister
And various other random pieces here and there

If I think of anything else I will add to the list

The magnum swap added around 25lbs. Probably the only other thing I will do to shed a few more pounds is a tubular k and arms setup. Drag brakes would cut quite a bit of weight, but I like the fact that the car looks stock when I have the factory wheels on it.

Man I love your Boss! I always wondered what somebody could do with weight reduction in one of these bad boys! To bad all your Youtube videos are expired. Any rear wheel hp numbers ?

Users who are viewing this thread