Boss traction control settings

taylor302

Established Member
2012 Boss stock with DR's
What is the major difference in the traction control settings..
Push once
Push twice-sport
Push and hold for 5 seconds
Which will be best for drag racing?
What rpm to leave at with each setting?
Any information will be appreciated!!

RocketSurgeon

Established Member
I didn't even know that there was a 'sport' mode.

One push just disables traction control, but it will only let the tires spin if it senses the vehicle is moving in a straight direction. Too much sliding to one side or the other and the system will cut back in. Stability control stays on.

Push and hold for 7 seconds and all systems are disabled. That's how I usually drive.

chefron50

Established Member
2013 boss: 1st is traction control off,2nd is advanced and 3rd is super advanced sport which shows traction control off but will help with tire spin.

taylor302

Established Member
The owners manual said the "sport" was an option. I am not sure if my car has this option? Thanks for y'all's input. Any other information will be appreciated!!

OrangeCompete

Roadrunner
Established Member
The owners manual said the "sport" was an option. I am not sure if my car has this option? Thanks for y'all's input. Any other information will be appreciated!!

All Bosses have it, but as a previous poster stated, I drive with TC all the way off or a WOT will bog on me. Also better for me from a dig. And it's more fun getting a lil' loose IMO!

IamRacerX

No brand loyalty rhetoric here.
Established Member
I push and hold for the 5 seconds.... Turn it all off....

65sohc

Established Member
Something that I find handy is setting the steering to comfort. When you drive in either Sport or all off it automatically changes the steering to Sport which is fine for driving but a little heavy in a parking lot. I hit the TC button as I'm entering a lot and then have nice easy steering.

guarnibl

Established Member
With my Nitto NT05R's I have to drive with everything off because of the blower. It doesn't want to ever let me drive the damn car! It was fine until the supercharger got put on :p (And far far worse after the DR's went on a month later).

Users who are viewing this thread