Boss/Track pack oil cooler question

imeyers302

Established Member
I am installing my procharger and am up to relocating the oil cooler lines. I modified the lower hose and all went well. Does anyone know if the plastic T that goes from the lower hose to the oil cooler is directional or not. Not sure if there is a top and bottom or it does not matter as long as lines hooked into right ports.

GBCoyote

Established Member
Pretty sure as long as the lines are hooked to the correct ports. There's no valve in there if my memory serves me correct.

imeyers302

Established Member
Pretty sure as long as the lines are hooked to the correct ports. There's no valve in there if my memory serves me correct.

Thanks, called procharger and ford racing and both said the same. Crazy thing is ford racing told me it did not matter which port the lines are plugged into and in the directions for the cooler there is a warning to make sure top hose is connected to top fitting. Don't know why they would say it does not matter.

GBCoyote

Established Member
The coolant just flows around the sandwich plate where oil sits inside. I don't see why it would matter where the hoses are connected. I guess someone deemed it necessary.

WhiTriCobra

PDP
Established Member
Years back I called FRPP about one of their engines making weak power. After he said that it sounded normal, I knew they hired the same ppl that work at auto parts stores. Know nothing but what a computer says or a crappy guess.

imeyers302

Established Member
Years back I called FRPP about one of their engines making weak power. After he said that it sounded normal, I knew they hired the same ppl that work at auto parts stores. Know nothing but what a computer says or a crappy guess.

Technically unless there is a one way valve in there it would not matter. Just the fact that it says Warning in bold print about the top hose to top port makes me wonder. Just going to follow the oil cooler instructions. Figure I can't go wrong that way.

Users who are viewing this thread