boss prices

forcefedcobra

Established Member
I've got my cobra up for sale and might have it sold in the next few weeks. I have been searching for a boss as a new project. I work for a company that gets xplan pricing. I have one dealer quoting me xplan price and throwing in the track key program for free and several others stating $500 over invoice. One says ford dosnt offer xplan for the boss and another says xplan is cheaper than $500 over invoice but neither have told me what actual invoice price is.

Can anyone help me out?

Thanks,

Brandon

forcefedcobra

Established Member
Ok I finally got some answers. boss with recaro seats is 42,332 with xplan and invoice is 42,225 so with xplan price and the $300ish track key program thrown in its not a bad deal.

forcefedcobra

Established Member
They tried to say the same when we bought my wife's 13 ford explorer sport. No x plan on it. Line of bs.

fredfred

Established Member
You are correct X-Plan is not offered from Ford on the Speciality vehicles. I am a Ford employee. You can find a dealer that will sell it for X-plan. But the selling dealer will not get reimbursement form Ford. Just like Ford Rebates and Special intrest rates not offered on them.

forcefedcobra

Established Member
Lucky me then. When the dealer tried to say xplan wasn't available on the explorer sport I just laughed. They acted like they were do

fredfred

Established Member
Speciality vehicles like any of the SVT products. Limited production vehicles. Of course you can find dealers out there that will sell them for that. Not many though. X-plan price is alot less than invoice.

forcefedcobra

Established Member
Thanks for the info Fred. I'm well aware how they have done the specialty vehicles over the years. Just wanted to know what invoice price was. Thankfully the dealer working hardest for my business was the only one open and honest enough to tell me.

briangsxr1000

SVT
Established Member
You cannot get x/d/a plan on svt vehicles.(Raptor\gt500 etc) You can indeed D plan a explorer sport as I was just at the dealer driving one.(I get D Plan) Same with a taurus SHO.
A Boss I am unsure but I could get a definite answer when I go to dealer tomorrow. They have one sitting in their showroom.(drooling)

forcefedcobra

Established Member
You cannot get x/d/a plan on svt vehicles.(Raptor\gt500 etc) You can indeed D plan a explorer sport as I was just at the dealer driving one.(I get D Plan) Same with a taurus SHO.
A Boss I am unsure but I could get a definite answer when I go to dealer tomorrow. They have one sitting in their showroom.(drooling)

thanks brian. I finally found a couple dealers willing to disclose invoice price and I've got a killer deal lined out on one. just have to sell off my true forged wheels and then find a way to get the paperwork completed and car shipped from kansas to oklahoma while I am stuck in missouri for a few months or longer.

forcefedcobra

Established Member
There is more $ room than that on a BOSS, I paid $41,026. on my Recaro/car cover equipped BOSS.

good to know. I might head to wichita to look at a white recaro/car cover boss today or tomorrow. 41,300 seems like a legit price with the red track key program

Ochoblanco

Established Member
You could look used. I picked up my 12 with 8k miles (Torsen, recaros, cover) delivered to my door for $35k.

forcefedcobra

Established Member
You could look used. I picked up my 12 with 8k miles (Torsen, recaros, cover) delivered to my door for $35k.

I could. Had a friend send me info on a friend of his who was selling his 12 with 6k miles and all the options but I'm wanting a 13.

DNT H8

Established Member
I was in the same boat not long ago except I was contemplating a used BBP 3:73 base over a used Boss (same dealer). I ended up with the BBP at half the price of the Boss, literaly. Then through in 2.5K in mods and will now own a Boss straight line and auto cross.

But the final factor was I thought the Boss was ugly... The rims, paint sceme, stripes, just make it look like to much is going on. Just food for thought here...

forcefedcobra

Established Member
I was in the same boat not long ago except I was contemplating a used BBP 3:73 base over a used Boss (same dealer). I ended up with the BBP at half the price of the Boss, literaly. Then through in 2.5K in mods and will now own a Boss straight line and auto cross.

But the final factor was I thought the Boss was ugly... The rims, paint sceme, stripes, just make it look like to much is going on. Just food for thought here...

after owning nothing but svt's for years I have become a bit of a car snob and like the low production serial number cars. Once I get all my wheels and parts sold I'll be modding the boss a bit and later when my friend and I's side business kicks off it will be modded even more.

thanks for the input though.

Users who are viewing this thread