Boss off rd x options

mystickb1996

Established Member
So I recently pulled the trigger on a black 13 LS, I should have the car in my possession Friday or early next week. I was trying to find an off rd x that will let you keep the side exhaust. Everything so far that I've found is for longtubes with the off rd x and side exhaust. Anyone know manufacturer that makes one for stock manifolds?

I also have a question on lowering springs, my 14 5.0 has hotchkis springs which lower it 1.5 front and rear. I'm looking for a little more for the rear maybe around 2" and 1.5 for front..I don't want to lose the overall handling characteristics of the car if that's possible. Any suggestions?

this is pretty exciting and unexpected, i have wanted one since they came out..

thank you

tek302

Established Member
No X pipes available only MRT which comes in H config.

The difference between the 2 are marginal at best hp wise. H gives you a great muscle sound.

If you get the MRT, go with the full off road pipe or with cats. Dont get the after cat pipe. Fitting is very crappy and it leaks.

Had to have mine welded to my cat delete pipes. No matter what i did it leaked. Also the side pipes dont fit right. On the driver side i couldn't use the flange spacer. But on the passenger side i had to use it.

Skrapmetal

Established Member
So I recently pulled the trigger on a black 13 LS, I should have the car in my possession Friday or early next week. I was trying to find an off rd x that will let you keep the side exhaust. Everything so far that I've found is for longtubes with the off rd x and side exhaust. Anyone know manufacturer that makes one for stock manifolds?

I also have a question on lowering springs, my 14 5.0 has hotchkis springs which lower it 1.5 front and rear. I'm looking for a little more for the rear maybe around 2" and 1.5 for front..I don't want to lose the overall handling characteristics of the car if that's possible. Any suggestions?

this is pretty exciting and unexpected, i have wanted one since they came out..

thank you

Congrats!

Are you asking about springs for the boss or the 14? Frpp makes a boss specific spring set that lowers the rear more and is tuned to work with the factory dampers. Not as aggressive as you described for drop though.

I am considering steedas boss specific but they are minimal drop.

Last edited:

IamRacerX

No brand loyalty rhetoric here.
Established Member
I am running Eibach sportline springs. It drops the rear more than most other kits...
Here are a couple pics of them on my car image.jpg

mystickb1996

Established Member
Tek302: iv always had x pipes but the options seem pretty limited. So hopefully the fitment on the MRT off rd h is better then the after cat design.
Skrapmetal: that's correct I was referring to spring for the boss, the frpp seem like a minimal drop but Illl search for some for some pictures.
Racerx: your car looks great! What size are your rims? 19s? Any problems with it being that low. Also any type of gt springs will fit correct? They don't have to be boss specific

IamRacerX

No brand loyalty rhetoric here.
Established Member
Racerx: your car looks great! What size are your rims? 19s? Any problems with it being that low. Also any type of gt springs will fit correct? They don't have to be boss specific

Never any rubbing at all... Running 20x9 255/35 F.... 20x10.5 305/30 R... These springs fit all 11-up 5.0 mustangs.

Users who are viewing this thread