Boss OEM Splitter Question

NemeCes

Established Member
Hey guys, I found a local selling a boss splitter. Just wondering if it is stamped with the Ford logo or have any other distinguishing marks to verify that it is an authentic OEM piece.

No mounting harware included but I figure I can get nuts, bolts and washers at Home Depot so I'm not worried about that.

Any info is greatly appreciated. Thanks guys.

konaboss

Established Member
Just noticed.... you have a CS :rolling::burn:
Hey guys, I found a local selling a boss splitter. Just wondering if it is stamped with the Ford logo or have any other distinguishing marks to verify that it is an authentic OEM piece.

No mounting harware included but I figure I can get nuts, bolts and washers at Home Depot so I'm not worried about that.

Is it the Laguna Seca (LS) splitter or the California Special (GT/CS)Splitter?

The CS Splitter will be 2 pcs with a thin plastic chin panel on the bottom.
red302.jpg

The LS is added onto the CS splitter. With nose baraces and is completely flat on the bottom.
09-2013-laguna-seca-black.jpg

To a pure racing enthusiast, neither is all that effective on the track. Just too far off the racing surface to make much of a difference. Although the Ford Engineers say it does.

Last edited:

5 DOT 0

Established Member
It should have a part number and I'm pretty sure it comes with the mounting hardware. There could be two versions of it one with and one without the hardware.

NemeCes

Established Member
Just noticed.... you have a CS :rolling::burn:

Is it the Laguna Seca (LS) splitter or the California Special (GT/CS)Splitter?

The CS Splitter will be 2 pcs with a thin plastic chin panel on the bottom.
red302.jpg

The LS is added onto the CS splitter. With nose baraces and is completely flat on the bottom.
09-2013-laguna-seca-black.jpg

To a pure racing enthusiast, neither is all that effective on the track. Just too far off the racing surface to make much of a difference. Although the Ford Engineers say it does.

The picture I've seen looks like the first pic you posted and looks to be a one piece. It definately does not look like that huge one piece on the LS (second posted pic). The seller claims to have pulled it off of an LS car to install the race splitter.

Did the LS come with the first shown splitter or is the seller just BS'in me?

Part # CR3Z-17626-AC

Well the seller does not have the mounting hardware. Will nuts, bolts and washers from home depot suffice in mounting the splitter or is the oem hardware fancier than that?

Thanks again guys. Any further help appreciated as I'm looking to go buy item tomorrow.

5 DOT 0

Established Member
The Boss splitter attaches to the valance that was originally used on the CS, there are two pieces there. The LS splitter is larger and replaces the Boss splitter.

5 DOT 0

Established Member
Sorry I misread this earlier. The LS does come with the large splitter and I don't believe it has a part number. Basically it's just a large piece of plastic. You'll need the bumper mount and struts and they can be purchased separately. You'll need everything shown in the photo in the link konaboss posted.

spacer.gif

spacer.gif

Grant808

Established Member

I wouldn't do that. The clip/nut type of hardware is harder to get from the store. I installed the CS lower and base Boss splitter on my GT, and the factory hardware is almost necessary for the install.

Is the splitter the base one from an LS? You should get a pic of what he's selling.

NemeCes

Established Member
Sorry for the confusion guys. The splitter is the one that is shown on the comp orange boss. Not the full blown race one. Just the baby one. Seller claims to have personally taken it off of a LS Boss. Going to call American Muscle and Ford to get pricing for the hardware in the morning to see if it's worth the hassle.

TheVikingRL

Established Member
Premium Member
FYI, the boss splitter I ordered using the Ford part # came with all hardware. Not sure there is any other way to order it as it's shipped directly from the vendor that makes them for Ford. At least that's what the dealer said.

NemeCes

Established Member
FYI, the boss splitter I ordered using the Ford part # came with all hardware. Not sure there is any other way to order it as it's shipped directly from the vendor that makes them for Ford. At least that's what the dealer said.

You sir, are correct. No one sells them separately. The parts diagram at the dealership doesn't even show them on the picture. My buddy found a list of the parts so I'm going to see if I can gather them up.

konaboss

Established Member
You sir, are correct. No one sells them separately. The parts diagram at the dealership doesn't even show them on the picture. My buddy found a list of the parts so I'm going to see if I can gather them up.

Any updates?

adam81

Established Member
the "splitter" the seller has sounds like it is the stock piece that came on the LS. It is the exact same piece that came on the standard Boss.

The racing splitter actually does make a difference..... However it makes a bigger difference if you bring it down about an inch.

Users who are viewing this thread