Boss nitrous limit

kodexkustoms

Established Member
Hey guys,

I'm getting ready to bolt up my CJ intake and swap to E85 and I've been considering a nice nitrous set up. What would be the reasonable limit you could push a boss on E85 with a progressive system? This car will prolly be auto swapped fairly soon FWIW.

Thanks
Kody

Bgoins

Established Member
Gotta admit the thought of swapping a Boss to auto and putting nitrous on it makes me cringe a little.

That being said I would think your stock OPGs would fail before your rods, pistons, etc.

kodexkustoms

Established Member
It did the same to me for a long time but I just don't have time to hit the road coarse as much as I thought I would and the drag strip is far closer.

OPG's are in the list as well as a harmonic balancer while the rest of the parts are going on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rotarymagic

Established Member
I've seen 250 and 300hits on Boss motors. Lethal had a 2 stage 300 shot Boss car at one point too.

kodexkustoms

Established Member
What would the best way to get two stages out this car? A plate and direct port?

rotarymagic

Established Member
What would the best way to get two stages out this car? A plate and direct port?

I'd just run a single direct port tbh. You're only going to hit a stock sleeve motor with 300 anyway. Bluedemon (I think) sprayed 350 on a stock sleeved motor and it hurt the motor even with aftermarket internals.

Users who are viewing this thread