Boss manifold & O/R X-pipe dyno

txA&M08

Established Member
So I finally got around to installing the Boss manifold I've had sitting around for a year and a recently acquired Lethal O/R x-pipe. So far my butt dyno is very impressed, but more importantly the real dyno showed some pretty good results.

I originally had the car dyno'd 4/30/12, almost exactly a year ago, after installing Steeda CAI and SCT tune. I took the car back today to the same dyno, under pretty similar weather conditions (see below) to get a good comparison. I also stuck with Steeda for the tune.

Weather:
4/30/12 - 83*, 64% humidity
5/2/13 - 74*, 70% humidity

The dyno is a very conservative Mustang. Seems to read low but I was really in it for comparison's sake.

Just to show the car's not unusually low on power, these timeslips are with CAI/tune last year in a 1600ft DA:

MustangTimeSlips_zps1fc4fed6.jpg

The dyno:

Dyno5-2-13_zpsbaf124f1.jpg

Peak numbers went from 367 -> 390 HP, 334 -> 337 TQ but in places up to 40whp was gained.

Gains started about 4700rpm and never let up. The whole curve was moved up due to the O/R X, so definitely if it had just been the Boss intake, gains would have been achieved later in the powerband.

On a side note, I don't like the way the O/R X sounds at all. Could be due to the fact that my only exhaust modification is a shitty set of Flowmaster mufflers that the dealership hacked on before I bought the car.

boosted70

Established Member
Nice!

I am in Houston too. I have roush mufflers and a JPC tune. We should run our cars to see the difference as I want to get an O/R X and Boss manifold.

1slo5oh

Established Member
Htown checkin in! I have a pile of parts waiting to go on and have seriously been debating the Boss Intake or not. I don't to fall victim to the whole loss of torque thing. Guess I will just have to let my sack hang and go for it

Users who are viewing this thread