Boss intake Tune Suggestions

Zilairin

Established Member
I'm going to be installing a Boss intake on 2012 GT with a Parnelli Jones #13 of 15 cf Airaid CAI with GT500 over axles and axlebacks. I am just on the fence when it comes to the tune. I know they are all good but I am indecisive. Does anyone know who has had the most success with the Boss Intake tune? So far Im thinking Steeda, Lund, BBR or Bama. Thanks for your suggestions.

Zilairin

Established Member
On my 07 GT I paid for a dyno tune from VMP and I wasn't that pleased with it. I preferred my Brenspeed email tune. It could have been the WMS CAI I had on it since they are different than most but it had a slight surging problem when cruising that even after going back it never really went away; however, my email tune Brenspeed didn't have any problems.

ryan.garcia2733

Established Member
I have a boss manifold jlt intake and off road x pipe. I am currently running a JMS tune. The car runs hard as hell but when I shift passed 7k Rpms for some reason it cuts power like if traction control kicked in. The customer service was pretty good he sent me like three revisions of the tune trying to fix the issue and it never fixed. I got the manifold cause I've seen dyno sheets that show they hold peak power from 6700 all the way up. I'm going to BBR to get a dyno tune sometime this week. I'll post after I have it done. JMS TUNE CAR RUNS HARD AS HELL but shifting at 7k. Took her to the track ran a 12.5@117 with no traction so that should give you an idea. I wonder what it would do shifting at 7500. Just my .02 cents

Cuco5.0

Established Member
Red cars are always slower though ^^ lol. In all seriousness, from what i have read BBR has the boss tune down. The power cut is due to the tune not having a boss calibration that allows the higher rev limit. Also consider AED.

D.T.R

Established Member
I have a boss manifold jlt intake and off road x pipe. I am currently running a JMS tune. The car runs hard as hell but when I shift passed 7k Rpms for some reason it cuts power like if traction control kicked in. The customer service was pretty good he sent me like three revisions of the tune trying to fix the issue and it never fixed. I got the manifold cause I've seen dyno sheets that show they hold peak power from 6700 all the way up. I'm going to BBR to get a dyno tune sometime this week. I'll post after I have it done. JMS TUNE CAR RUNS HARD AS HELL but shifting at 7k. Took her to the track ran a 12.5@117 with no traction so that should give you an idea. I wonder what it would do shifting at 7500. Just my .02 cents

7500rpms on stock valve train ? have you confirmed that this is safe?

BV600

Established Member
DTR- Plenty of people running 7500rpm + no issues. There is even a procharged GT with 700+rwhp revving that high.

ryan.garcia2733

Established Member
Red cars are always slower though ^^ lol. In all seriousness, from what i have read BBR has the boss tune down. The power cut is due to the tune not having a boss calibration that allows the higher rev limit. Also consider AED.

Ha. Ha. Ha. Lol idk but I'm sure there's a video out there that was never uploaded between a white 5.0 stock vs a red 5.0 stock and I'm not sure what happens in that race maybe u can inform us Hahahahaha

D.T.R

Established Member
DTR- Plenty of people running 7500rpm + no issues. There is even a procharged GT with 700+rwhp revving that high.

i'd be a lil scared to go past 7200rpms lol
I'd be concerned about the valve train and the oil pump

me32

BEASTLY SHELBY GT500 TVS
Premium Member
I would recommend calling shaun at AED. An then make a choice.

s174

trooper speed
Established Member
get a dyno tune, here's mine at 7,600 rpm after first installing intake

[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lLhJ1IUyKEo&feature=youtube_gdata_player"]2011 5.0 BOSS Intake - YouTube[/nomedia]

ah4449

Svt browser
Established Member
I would say go with a good dyno tune local to you or make some calls and go with who feels right. Personally I have the boss manifold and I'm dyno tuned by Shaun at AED. I couldn't be happier with the tunes and the customer service.

Users who are viewing this thread