Boss Intake Installed with SCT Issue

pohnjarker

Established Member
So i got the Boss intake all put in...looks awesome :pepper:

Here's the issue...i put the stock tune back on the car so i could update my SCT as per the instructions. i updated the tuner, or so i thought i did. i got the Boss intake all put on but when i went to put the new tune, it would not put it on. it says "No Update for Tune Revision." if anyone knows what to do...i've written the SCT helpdesk for help but i have to work on monday and if i dont get it fixed by then...im fooked....

couple mess ups on my part....i broke all four of the wiring harness retainers. i pulled the wrong tube and had a nice little amount of radiator fluid go onto the engine, that sucked. overall it wasnt a bad ordeal for someone who is only used to changing out intake and exhaust on cars. took the wifey and I about an hour and a half.

As you can see in the last picture, i left the purge valve undone until i get it fixed up like the instructions say.

onto some pics!! I had my beautiful wife helping me out, she did a great job!!!

0521010951a.jpg

0521011041b.jpg

0521011041.jpg

0521011049.gif

0521011135.jpg

Last edited:

2011 gtcs

GT500 poster
Established Member
Premium Member
make sure your not using windows vista to uploud the tune, the sct tuners dont seem to like it, use windows 7, that worked perfect for me.

pohnjarker

Established Member
Update:

I sent an email over the weekend to the tech support and got a reply first thing this morning, 6am PST. loaded the file they sent and it popped right up with the update. i was able to update my tuner and then update the car.

I'm not sure if its the Boss intake or the BBR tune but it feels like a beast, more so than before. much improved throttle response, it does scream all the way up to 7500RPM, it just seems like more power in general. i'll have to try my BAMA tune to see how it compares, take it to the dyno and see if there are any number differences between the BBR and BAMA tunes also.

overall, i approve!!

Users who are viewing this thread