Boss I.M. Yes or No?

LSKILLA

Established Member
I know this has probably been asked 1000 times but do you think my next mod should be an Boss I.M. or not. I got some free'd up cash and was looking at the intake or rims. Current mods on my 2013 A6 are JLT, O/R X, SW catback. Everything else is stock.

LSKILLA

Established Member
Its a daily driver that I run at the track about every other weekend. Also have a NX kit I will be installing soon.

1slo5oh

Established Member
Ive mulled over this very topic for the last 2 months and from all the research ive done and questions Ive asked I have come to this conclusion (which is the same as others)

N/A street car~~~~> No
Power Adder ~~~~> Yes

My car will be getting some kind of boost in the near future and at that time I will purchase one and install it and get it tuned one time Vs two. Until then I bet you could spend the money elsewhere and pick up a few ponies.

Laloosh

Established Member
I would do it 100 percent. Best mod on my car so far. Picked up over 3 mph and 2 tenth with the addition of the Boss IM

9secWS6

Established Member
I did my Exhaust(off road X) and Boss IM at the same time but I picked up almost 3 tenths with the two. I do have 3.73 gears but the car actually feels smoother with the Boss. I don't feel ANY loss of power down low and pulls great up top(esp. on the gas). Fairly cheap and easy install plus it looks great!
BTW my car is an auto with stock converter.

Last edited:

RicerEater2012

Thread Destroyer
Established Member
Boss and 3.73 =win
explain why please. I also have a 6m 3:73 car and have been considering this mod. Have you been to the track before and after the IM and how does it drive on the street? I've heard the IM with 3:73 geared cars is good, bc the torque you lose with it the 3:73's make up for.

charba951

BOOSTTD
Established Member
YES! I even have 3.31 gears and the car is a freaking monster up top! Does it mater what gears you have if you are roll racing? Once you get going you stay in the powerband. BOSS IM really shines from 5k up, and if you are dropping below that while racing...you're wrong. Doesn't effect normal drivability.

Last edited:

RicerEater2012

Thread Destroyer
Established Member
YES! I even have 3.31 gears and the car is a freaking monster up top! Does it mater what gears you have if you are roll racing? Once you get going you stay in the powerband. BOSS IM really shines from 5k up, and if you are dropping below that while racing...you're wrong. Doesn't effect normal drivability.
I don't roll race at drag strips. lol. I don't street race much. Also what are you shifting at man?

Last edited:

RicerEater2012

Thread Destroyer
Established Member
Haha true :beer: Shifting at 7500

Forgot to add that the BOSS IM is also lighter than the stock one...
Ya I bet that does help. I want one, bc with the 3:73 gears im shifting into 5th at the end of the track. It's either a Boss IM or 28 slicks. hmm maybe both! :) Im just worried about pulling it to the 7500 area before I get some billet oil gears.

Users who are viewing this thread