Boss H-pipe with QTP 302 cutouts (and NO sidepipes)... questions

Zinc03Cobra

Super Trooper
Established Member
So I'm about to get a Boss H pipe from another member next week, and I'm going to purchase some QTP cutouts specifically made for it. I don't like the idea of hacking up my stock H pipe for cutouts, so I bought the Boss one. :rolling:

Has anyone just ran the exhaust without the sidepipes and just with their QTP 302 cutouts and their installed exhaust? The opening doesn't look huge on the QTP 302 cutouts, so I'm curious if it's even worth doing it without the side-pipes. I can always pick up some kooks or used side-pipes down the road if necessary.

I'm stock headers, JPC over-axle pipes, w/ a Borla S-type axle back if that matters.

-lex

Jabooh1

Established Member
I haven't. The hole on the QTP is 1" I believe which is smaller than the outlet on the H. I run the outlet open to stock Boss side pipes. There is a noticeable difference (quieter) if a 1" hole plate is installed.

'03GTinFLA

Established Member
I ran an MRT H pipe with just QTP cutouts for a few weeks before I found a used set of kooks side pipes. I loved being able to adjust the sound with the cutouts. Fully open at full throttle is loud. As s DD I run them open just enough for some added sound and crackle on decel. It's a great setup. I didn't notice a lot of change when I added the sidepipes. I love the look of the sidepipes and feel they are worth it for that alone but from a pure sound point of view I don't think they make enough change to say they are worth much. Loud is loud. I do like the way the sound comes out right by your window, with the pipes, as opposed to right under your butt, with no pipes.
My advice is just get the setup on your car and play with the sound. It's the best musical instrument you'll ever own. Then keep an eye out here and the boss sites for a used set of kooks, then buy those.
image_zpsap4ujcbx.jpg

image_zpsfr9hdfnt.jpg

Last edited:

Zinc03Cobra

Super Trooper
Established Member
^great lookin' 5.0 03GTinFLA..

Thanks for the info fellas. Sounds like I'll run it as is, and if I don't like it, I can always add the side pipes as an alternative.

Users who are viewing this thread