Boss diffuser/GT500 splitter instal guide.

BV600

Established Member
Shoot, $100? Send me the link, and I'll pay you in beers to help me install when you are in DFW! :D

I wish I could it was some guy who got a 13 GT500 rear for his boss and put his up. I got lucky:beer: Came with everything needed also.

SVT1996Cobra

Established Member
Just got mine installed this weekend with the help of this guide. Don't mind the crappy cell phone pics.

IMG_1965.jpg

IMG_1966.jpg

IMG_1967.jpg

IMG_1972.jpg

IMG_1973.jpg

Nuar

Established Member
Sweet! Glad this thing is helping out so much :)

The car looks great man! Lovin' the black tips! That the dipped? wheels and splitter really ties in together!

fulanititoo8198

Established Member
No problem, good luck.
Personally I would make sure to get all the required hardware. Its less frustrating that way.

Just for others info

I bought my diffuser of a 13 CS for my 13GT did the cutting and no further hardware was needed. I did put to two push pins that I had laying around at the tip of the diffuser near the mufflers, but you could also use a black zip or push pin.

m4tic

Established Member
Looks great man!
So did you notice any major differences from the boss splitter that I put on, anything that would have complicated the install any more?

It was all the same procedure. Only difference being the CS/BOSS/GT500 muffler opening... but that doesn't change anything except muffler choice.

I bought a body saw from harbor freight and it worked great.

Last edited:

mitchster

Established Member
Installed mine last weekend. I used a set of 8"ramps on the rear tires. I tried the dremmel bit, but the motor was smoking. I have an air tool cutter which kept on sticking so I went to Harbour Freight and bought an electric cutting saw for $29.00 which work perfectly. First I cut the three tabs off. next I used a 3/4" piece of wood as a guide to cut below the black plastic strip. Then I used a school compass and set the width to aprox 1/2" and drew lines around both mufflers where I had to cut. For the two slots on both side I used regular scotch tape on the diffuser and taped both ends of the tabs. Be sure to add about 1/4" extra easy install. I marked the bumper at each end of where the tab goes. I then took a small drill bit and cut drilled holes on each end of the tab slot. Next I took the dremmel tool with the cone shape grinder and made the slits. Taking out the 14 tabs on the black plastic strip was easy. I started at one end and after I got out 3 tabs I could just pull the black strip off. I sanded down all area of where I trimmed the bumper and push the Diffuser in. The 4 tabs I could here them click in. With the car raised it was easy to put the 6-8 slot pieces on. I finished up with the two main tabs and the two 7mm screws and was done. A piece of cake once I got started. Mitch

Users who are viewing this thread