Boss cleanup

calebnumber3

Established Member
I know people have been cleaning up their Boss IM and seeing ok improvements. I was wondering if someone on here who has done It would be willing to do mine for a small fee :rockon: . I have never used a dremel before and don't trust myself to do it myself lol.

SCalla1384

Established Member
I never used one before either, and I did my boss intake. It's very simple. Just keep the dremel on a low speed so you don't melt the plastic.

I went to lowes and bought everything. Dremel and bits. Used a carbide tipped cutter, 120 grit sand paper drum, felt pads and polish. Can also buy an extension so you can get further in the runners. Definitely recommend that as it makes it much easier.

The dremel I bought was a low/high speed for like $50. The low speed worked but was to slow. High speed was to fast. So I bought a 5 speed dremel , kept it on the 3rd speed and worked amazing. Much quicker, and did a great job smoothing out the runners. Then just used sandpaper from 600-1200-2000 grit to hand sand them to get them as smooth as possible before polish.

And also, just go to autozone or harbor freight and get some picks. 90* or whatever to pull the gaskets out so you don't destroy them if the dremel slips. Which it did plenty of times on me. Then if you have access to a parts cleaner to clean out the intake (I have one at work) makes it easier to clean. No excess crap in the intake.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread