Boss 302S at local Viper Dealer

SVT F15O

Rest night.
Established Member
You cant. No vin, makes it not street legal. You cant even register it. Whore it out of the track and drive it to and from on a trailer.:beer:

I'd throw a repair plate on it and drive it to work a few days out of the year. ;-)

ZYBORG

Let's roll..
Established Member
Premium Member
That thing might be purpose built but its terrible looking.... Ill sport the regular gt500 or even a 5.0 over that....

mustang_00

Established Member
i find it odd that they used what looks like orange plastic dryer duct for the brake vents considering in no way shape or form they skimped on anything on that car.

would moisture get stuck in the folds making it less likely that water would hit the rotors/brakes??

F8L SNK

Established Member
The "orange dryer duct" is actually high temp flexible hose used on most road race cars. The duct is carbon fiber and the hose is flexible allowing it to travel through suspension components and move up and down with the wheel. The hose goes from the duct to a spindle duct on the back side of the rotor.

Here is a pic of a similar set up on a Viper just for comparison or explanation.

DSCN0786.jpg

DSCN0785.jpg

DSCN0782.jpg

=mustang_00;11261833]i find it odd that they used what looks like orange plastic dryer duct for the brake vents considering in no way shape or form they skimped on anything on that car.

would moisture get stuck in the folds making it less likely that water would hit the rotors/brakes??[/QUOTE]

Moisture won't hurt the brakes even if it did get on it, moisture will go straight through if it is raining.

Last edited:

thepizz

OP is a good person
Established Member
Car is def badass...looks amazing. I know it's for the track/functional and wasn't just slapped on, but the wing is terrible!

Phantom_LS2

bringing the pain!!!
Established Member
After looking at the comparison between the 302R and 302S, how in the hell can ford charge $55k more for the r? There isn't that much of a difference.

Snagged

Shenanigans!!!
Established Member
After looking at the comparison between the 302R and 302S, how in the hell can ford charge $55k more for the r? There isn't that much of a difference.

Because people with enough money to buy an expensive track specific car don't care about $55,000 (I wouldn't know). :shrug:

Users who are viewing this thread