BOSS 302S $76,000 at Rehagen Racing

sprint200

Established Member
Dadgummit, why don't you just rub it in a bit :poke: :rollseyes

If'n I had an extra $30k in my mason jar.......(mutter, mutter)

BTW: Dean, Good luck tomorrow! :thumbsup:

JoeJ

Established Member
I can tell you that this car is going to be a HELL of a lot LESS than what I've got in my 2000 Cobra R.

LOL. Oh yes. I can second that on my 2000 Cobra R. Most of the things I have done to my Cobra R will be standard equip on the Boss302S.

racer91m

Established Member
Guys,

Ford Racing is CLOSING THE ORDER BANK on Feb 14th. If you want one, you should get one ordered up.

Fire 4 Effect,
I'm guessing you've never actually built a racecar. If you had, you'd realize what a bargain this car is for the performance level it offers. This car would CRUSH a new BMW (I use this as the example given price point and experience) on a racetrack. Try putting adjustable dampers, carbon hood and adjustable carbon fiber rear wing on a BMW for under $80k. Then let's bolt some race rubber on both cars and see what happens. The "Ultimate Driving Machine" would quickly become "The Ultimate Loser". You should really understand the value before you make a comment like that.

Let me ask you a question.... If $76,000 is steep, what is your take on a $149,000 Ford? I ask because the Ford GT is one HELL of a deal at $149k new. What about the Cobra Jet? I think those cars are around $80k and it's an 8 second car (From the Factory). Where else can you find value like that???

I expect to go out and run over guys in more expensive BMWs, Corvettes, Vipers, and Porsches with my $76,000 Boss302S. When they find out the my car ONLY costs $76,000, they'll think they've got steep money in their cars....

You've got to drive this car in order to truly appreciate it. By the sounds of it, there may only be about 36-37 of us who get to do that!

That just got me thinking... Imagine the potential value of this car 20-30 years from now. There are older Boss racecars out there selling between $600k-$1.2M (for nice ones). Can you imagine if there are only 36 of these cars out there to start? How many will get wrecked or stolen? How many will be left? Suddenly, I think $76k is decent investment for this car. Besides, wouldn't it be cooler to talk about and drive a Boss 302S instead of your 25 year bond?

Racing4Autism

Established Member
Racer91, well said,, I know first hand what it takes to turn a Shelby GT500 in to a race car... $$$$ The read ups on the Boss makes it a wicket road race car for its price.. The Boss in my opion will be a top contender against other imports... Lets wait and see guys and gals...

TXPD

Rookie Racer
Established Member
Let me just add this. This is my FR500C at the VIR Porsche Club Event. Watch all the 6 figure P cars pointing the Ford by.

[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iuJqQiXxlAI"]YouTube - Mike Skeen: Ford Mustang FR500C at VIR[/nomedia]

sprint200

Established Member
No, it replaces the FR500S from the defunct Mustang Challenge series.

The FR500C successor is the Boss 302R.

TXPD

Rookie Racer
Established Member
the FR500S and the FR500C were different animals entirely. The C had the 5L cammer engine and a race transmission, plus a complete racing suspension upgrade. The S had a splitter and a wing that the C didnt get, but otherwise it was basically a Mustang GT 4.6L 3v with a GT500 transmission.

The Boss 302R and the Boss 302S are different fittings of the same animal. They have the same drive train. The S gets lightweight aero that the R doesnt get. The R is seam welded and has a fuel cell that the S doesnt get. One is for Grand Am and one is for World Challenge.

They are the same car with different packages. The C and the S were not the same car at all. Just the same base body.

racer91m

Established Member
The 302R and 302S have different drivelines. They have the same base engine and rear axle housing, but that's all. The 302R gets the high-dollar roadrace oilpan and the 302S gets the production Boss oilpan.

TXPD

Rookie Racer
Established Member
dean will know better than i but the boss S package seems to be doing 405whp. I dont think the cammer in grand am trim is up to that.

Fuerza

Established Member
dean will know better than i but the boss S package seems to be doing 405whp. I dont think the cammer in grand am trim is up to that.

Really?!? Cammer was one of engines I figured wouldn't be lapped so easily. Looks like the Coyote 5.0 is truly the real deal! Is there a major difference in the Coyote Boss motors compared to the normal Coyote found in production Mustang GT's?

Users who are viewing this thread