Boss 302 steering compared to GT.

Flcracker

Established Member
In my opinion there is a lack of connection between the steering wheel and the front tires of my 2011 GT. I just don't feel connected to the road, and one of the things I really enjoy about driving is the Feeling I get in my hands from the steering wheel. I know that the boss 302R has different steering rack software and was wondering how it feels compared to the GT. Thanks!

Last edited:

el jefe 302

Making all kinds of gainz
Established Member
It's the electric rack that's doing it. If you want true steering/road feel you can't beat hydraulic steering IMO.

Flcracker

Established Member
The Boss EPAS is programmed differently then the GT which supposedly allows the driver to get a better feel for what the tires are doing. What I was hoping for was someone to elaborate on this.

Last edited:

IamRacerX

No brand loyalty rhetoric here.
Established Member
I can not speak for the steering as compared to a GT, but I can tell you it has more feel and feed back imo than my previous car C6 Z06 and better feel than my daily Chevy SS sedan. There are also three levels of steering adjustment in the Boss.... Not sure if your GT has that....

Stormsigma

Went from 6.0 to 5.0!
Established Member
I can tell you that the Boss 302's steering, especially when in "sport" mode, feels much better than the GT's does. I was able to do a direct comparison, because I owned a 2011 GT for two years before upgrading to the 2013 Boss 302 I have now. While the sort of psychic connection to the front wheels that something like a BMW E36/E46 M3 gives you isn't really possible in the Boss, it DOES inspire more confidence. I feel that there's far less dead space in the Boss steering than there was in my '11.

Your mileage may vary.

Flcracker

Established Member
Hey thank you guys for the very thorough responses. I just might pick up a boss 302 steering rack for my 2011 GT thank you!

Users who are viewing this thread