Boss 302 Rear Brace

88LX

I’m in the market for a boss 302 and naturally I would love to go the Laguna seca route. To my knowledge the ‘13 Laguna seca (maybe ‘12 as well?) is the only production mustang to come with a rear brace from the factory. So my question is, does the ‘13 Laguna Seca’s rear brace outperform an aftermarket rear brace? In the Laguna Seca is it actually “apart” of the car? And if so does that make it more efficient than a 13 boss with an aftermarket rear brace? If I get a regular boss one of the first things I’m going to do is take out the backseat and put a brace. But if the Laguna Seca is that much more effective then I’ll save for another little bit and get an LS. Any help is much appreciated thanks!!

DAVESVT2000

Established Member
The ‘12 LS has it also.

It mounts to the body in the same mounting points as rear seat hardware.

I’ve never removed it on mine so I have no idea if it makes a difference with or without it.

noco5.0

Established Member
You can buy the Laguna Seca brace and rear seat delete from several vendors (maybe even local Ford dealer) It's pricey though. I had the Steeda brace in my car when I bought it it's installed the same way as the Ford piece so I would guess it works the same. I think the Steeda brace is under 300 bucks. I bought a Tru Fiber fiberglass rear seat delete and had it LineX'd. All in to replicate my rear seat delete would be about 8-900 bucks versus over 2k for the OEM kit with shipping. It does look nice though if it's worth it to you.

Users who are viewing this thread