Boss 302 Radiator

RedZR

Established Member
Happy Sunday!

I was looking for ways to upgrade my 2008 cooling system on a budget. I was thinking about a 180 thermostat, lower the fan settings on the tune by 8 or 10 degrees and installing the newer style cooling fan (for13/14 GT500s).

I read somewhere that the late model Boss 302 radiators were a direct replacement of ours and offered better cooling.

Has anyone ever heard of the radiator thing? Also, any thoughts on my plans to lower temps?

Thanks
Dan

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

Last edited:

SCGallo2

Balanced performance
Established Member
Premium Member
A cooler thermostat coupled with lower fan settings in your tune will be your biggest bang for your buck. On a street/strip car, your OEM radiator is able to keep your engine cool enough in that operating environment. If you were doing half mile / mile events or road course I would say skip the Boss radiator and go straight to a C&R for improved efficiency. I am still running my OEM radiator and only upgraded to a 2013/14 cooling fan because my original fan quit working. It is very likely a more efficient unit and has louvers on the fan shroud that open at speed, but in all honestly it probably only cools the car down a few seconds faster than my stock unit. My opinion is that your performance mod money is better spent elsewhere.

RedVenom48

Let's go Brandon!
Established Member
Agree. The sooner the T-stat opens and the sooner the fan can kick on to start drawing air will be more beneficial.

Users who are viewing this thread