Boss 302 laguna seca seats

ad445

Racing Is In My Blood
Established Member
I am looking to get the recaro seats of the LAGUNA SECA edition.
I checked with the local dealership and they couldn't and info about them.
I'd like to know when they will be available and how much will they cost?
If anybody knows anything about them please let me know

Thanks

evasive

Pro 2A Attorney
Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse
Go to the Tousely Ford forum here and look at my post as I am looking for the same info. Subscribe to the post as Tousely will post when they are available as well as pricing...expected in a few months.

evasive

Pro 2A Attorney
Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse
Not that you would notice. They are full interior seats for production cars, not light race seats.

ad445

Racing Is In My Blood
Established Member
Go to the Tousely Ford forum here and look at my post as I am looking for the same info. Subscribe to the post as Tousely will post when they are available as well as pricing...expected in a few months.

Thanks

03 DSG Snake

Unknown Cyborg
Established Member
Ford should also have an OEM part # in the system soon for the leather Recaros that are optional for the 2012 GT500.

Nathan'sTsi

Established Member
I agree that the GT500 handles well enough to warrant seats with more support, but if I were spending the money I would opt for a set that would shed some weight too. These only weigh 14lbs or so, and are around $1200 each (in leather). I am sure the Ford price for the leather ones will be at least that, and weigh a good bit more as well.
http://www.vividracing.com/catalog/...tml?image=3&osCsid=kapm2g7pfncbmioj9qpusfe025

evasive

Pro 2A Attorney
Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse
Nathan, some of us want a factory look. I'm not interested in race seats esp if I can't add the airbags to them.

Nathan'sTsi

Established Member
I can understand that, but keep in mind it means you will have to replace the rears too.
The Boss seats (and probably the FRPP seats) are cloth, and the GT500 Recaro seats will only be available without stripes.

evasive

Pro 2A Attorney
Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse
I know what they are made of. You assume people will retain the cloth vs recover them in leather and not have a rear seat delete or cover the rears to match.

Not a fan of the factory stripes in the seats nor of the factory red interior offered before.

Last edited:

mustangc

This too shall pass
Established Member
I can understand that, but keep in mind it means you will have to replace the rears too.
The Boss seats (and probably the FRPP seats) are cloth, and the GT500 Recaro seats will only be available without stripes.

According to the 2012 GT500 order guide, the Recaros come with exterior-stripe-color-matched accent stripes like the standard seats.

"Leather Recaro Sport Seats w/ Accent Strips (88Q)"

Strip Color......Std seat code......Recaro Code
Black.......................6X..................QX
White......................62..................Q2
Silver.......................67..................Q7
Grabber Blue.............6B..................QB
Red.........................6D..................QD

Last edited:

Maxgas

Established Member
They do come with the color match. They are awesome. There's a thread over on fordgt500 dot com that shows a picture. I can't find one anywhere else, except that forum. I'll see if I can find the thread and link it.

I am buying a 2012 and opting not to get the recaro's... I will use mine as a daily driver, and I know that they are difficult to get in / out of and are not the best to spread out a bit for longer hauls. I instead will be getting a CG Lock Seat belt addition, which pulls you tight to your normal seat, and is very impressive. You ought to check it out, before buying recaro's or checking that box, and being unhappy with a sore backside, or chafed bolsters from in/out as being used by a daily driver. My 300C SRT has spoiled me, and moved the seat back, and the steering wheel forward to help in/out, and I love it. I don't like the hassle of race seats with high bolsters on a daily basis.

Maxgas

Established Member
[ame=http://www.fordgt500.com/forums/showthread.php?t=8658]2012 GT500 with Recaro question - Ford Shelby Cobra GT500 Forum[/ame]

Check out this thread - There is a picture (Mind you the only picture I've seen of them so far... Really nice, and I'de almost check the box, just for looks... but I know I'll rewin their bottom bolsters, and they will be difficult in/out, not to mention less padding on the bottom side.

Users who are viewing this thread