Boss 302 intake

TOP_GUNFIVE.O

Established Member
Hey- I just installed a Boss 302 intake manifold and JLT CAI. I also did a Bama custom tune. The car runs great and I notice a huge difference in power - the only problems I am having is that my (check fuel fill P0457) and (check engine light) is also on. While moving there seems to be no problems though - it sounds fine and runs smoothly. Anyone else had any problems like this?

03Sssnake

TK-421
Established Member
Check the purge valve connections. Did you just use 3/8th fuel hose to connect it to the BOSS, or did you use the purge valve kit for the BOSS IM? After checking clear the DTC with you SCT X3/X4 and see if it comes back.

jn2

Established Member
Sounds like your purge valve wasn't plugged back in, or the hoses weren't connected

jn2

Established Member
Yeah that is your problem, purge valve needs to be connected, not capped off. The manifold has a fitting on the right side(driver) that the purge valve connects too.

This is my CJ set up, notice that hose on the right side with wire loom on it, that is the purge valve hose that route under the manifold and connects to the valve

FullSizeRender%202_zpsozhduytc.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread