Boss 302 dyno - AED Tune -8100rpms

XSTANG

Established Member
AED Tune
MRT-Offroad H
Steeda CAI

By the way, STD on this dyno reads lower than SAE on most other dyno's.

Here is a Zr1 on the same dyno at 496rwhp
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3ZL5PgxTyIg

bossdyno.jpg

Should be roughly 412/361 SAE

Last edited:

bull3441

Established Member
No sense in going to 8100 rpm when peak power is right around 7500.

5ohpowa

Established Member
I think the average HP will be greater when you consider the rpm drop between shifts shifting at 8k.
True this^ but anyways seeing people rev these things past 8k makes me wish i got a boss.

THE_EVIL_TW1N

Established Member
I think the average HP will be greater when you consider the rpm drop between shifts shifting at 8k.

+1

The shift point should be right as high as it can safely go on this engine (~8000 rpm) to take advantage of the torque multiplication in each gear.

assasinator

1 N the head,2 N da chest
Established Member

burnin4

Car Junkie
Established Member
im just kidding...but, in other words, you Boss makes less power than my GT with the same boltons until 7000 rpms?

dont pay much attention to dyno numbers. a Boss with the exact same mods as a GT will typically trap 3mph higher then the GT, regardless of dyno #'s.

I have been at the drag strip on 2 different occasions when a GT was there and had the same setup as me (stock vs stock, and headers/catback/cai vs headers/catback/cai), my mph was consistently 3+mph higher, and that was compared to more then 1 GT each trip.

Unrealford

Established Member
dont pay much attention to dyno numbers. a Boss with the exact same mods as a GT will typically trap 3mph higher then the GT, regardless of dyno #'s.

I have been at the drag strip on 2 different occasions when a GT was there and had the same setup as me (stock vs stock, and headers/catback/cai vs headers/catback/cai), my mph was consistently 3+mph higher, and that was compared to more then 1 GT each trip.

I agree, Im stock besides Drag Radials(28) ,MGW shifter and running 11.9s@ 115.54 AT 1600 DA on a 28 tall tire and only 385 rwhp sae on dyno

Last edited:

burnin4

Car Junkie
Established Member
^mine dyno'd 356/303 stock then trapped 117.99 the next day. Lowest dyno #'s ever, but one of the highest trap speeds for a stock Boss.

ALLKHEINZ

Established Member
I agree, Im stock besides Drag Radials(28) ,MGW shifter and running 11.9s@ 115.54 AT 1600 DA on a 28 tall tire and only 385 rwhp sae on dyno
just a quick question but your avatar shows your location as Buffalo N.Y....im from Toronto and was wondering where your track in Buffalo is? is it close to the Niagra Falls Border? wouldnt mind making the trip to try a new track as im about 90 mins away in Toronto...the track i go to In London Ontario is about a 2hr Drive so Buffalo may be closer depending on how buisy the border crossing is....

Unrealford

Established Member
just a quick question but your avatar shows your location as Buffalo N.Y....im from Toronto and was wondering where your track in Buffalo is? is it close to the Niagra Falls Border? wouldnt mind making the trip to try a new track as im about 90 mins away in Toronto...the track i go to In London Ontario is about a 2hr Drive so Buffalo may be closer depending on how buisy the border crossing is....

This is east of Buffalo, its a 55 minute drive, about same or 1hr 10 from Peace Bridge.
http://www.empiredragway.com/

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

Unrealford

Established Member
I race in this Club. .Mustangs VS Mustangs.
Its once a month, pro tree and heads up meaning, no matter how fast or slow they only pair you up with a car within ..2 tenths or 2 mph and the Elimination on last race is Who gets the better light and doesn't mess up. Theres 4 races 3 qualifiers then they take the best out of your three and use that to pair you up.

http://www.momsracing.com/

kbroush

Established Member
You can manipulate a dyno to say whatever you want it to say so I don't pay much attention to peak numbers. It is just a tool anyways. I plan on raising my rev limiter to 8k also. The sounds alone is worth it!

svt1111

Established Member
The simple fact of the matter is, that no matter where the power curve is on the dyno chart, the car is simply faster at the track when shifting at 8k rpm. I sometimes shift at 7800 range, its too tough to tell as I'm not datalogging, just watching the tach, but no matter what the dyno chart says, its a dyno chart, not a drag strip.

The car pulls to 8k so quickly, there is no perceptible drop off in the power band.

On my C6Z, the redline was 7k. But at 6,200-6,300 rpm, it pretty much was lights out. Didn't really seem to make much more power in that range. I seldom took it past 6,500 for that reason, as it would recover on the upshift quicker than going another 500 rpm would have benefited in from. On the Boss, you just keep revving, and it just keeps giving. No such comparison. It reminds me of an electric motor, just keeps on giving no matter how fast it spins.

Unrealford

Established Member
Problem is the higher you spin it, the harder it will be to get precision shifts.
Even at 7,500 its already taking the clutch, pressure plate and tranny engagement to its extremes. I for one cant afford to chance missing a shift in competition.

burnin4

Car Junkie
Established Member
^I'm not really having any issues, roughly 20+ consecutive pass's without a misshift/shift problems. I do have several upgrades though, 2012 Shelby GT500 clutch pedal assembly, mgw, ss clutch cable, amsoil trans fluid, and dot 4 clutch fluid.

svt1111

Established Member
No more shifting issues with mine now either, wasn't always that way before the changes I made though!

Users who are viewing this thread